PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Pennsylvania

acelockco
06-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Hello All:

I am Ace, originally from the New Jersey Shore, but I now live in PA. I was NAUI certified in 1989 by Atlantic Wreck Divers.

Obviously I love diving that is why I am here. I have been on many wrecks off the coast of New Jersey. I have also spent some time underwater in Negril. More recently I was able to do some kelp diving in California off Anacapa Island with Sea Lions, however most of my diving is done in a few local rock quarries.

The nice thing about the rock quarries is the amount of dives I am able to get in. I am usually able to get in at least 4 dives per week!

My dive travel destinations in the near future are :

Cooper River, NC (Megladon teeth and fossel hunt)
Florida (West Palm Beach/Bahamas)
Florida (Keys)
Maine ( I love lobster)
Great Lakes (now that I have a dry suit)
and the list will grow...:)

Sarah
06-14-2007, 08:12 PM
Hi Ace, welcome to the ScubaMagazine.net forum! Feel free to jump right in anywhere! :)

Zero
06-14-2007, 08:41 PM
G'day and welcome aboard.

Matt

Daddy-h2O
06-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Hey Ace! Are you fimilar with PQD?

I am in upstae NY, you will love the Great Lakes. ( Once you get here.)

I get down to Dutch Springs a few times a year. Next trip is July 14-15th. Bringing the kids. One is certified but I think she wants to do the sky challenge and aqua park too.

Welcome and enjoy.

acelockco
06-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Great, I plan on getting involved right away.

By the way Zero, I checked out your myspace and I must say you are quite the photographer. Your dive photos are amazing as well as your topside ones. I noticed the photo of you inside a wreck, did you see what looks to be some china directly below you?

Daddy-H20, I am VERY familiar with PQD, if you go to www.paquarrydivers.com I am Ace (Acelockco) the one that posts all of the dive reports. I usually dive at Willow Springs Quarry because it is only 20-30 minutes from my house. I also make it over to Dutch Springs a few times a year and it is a pleasure because the visibility is so amazing there.

As far as the the sky challange, I have never done it but it looked lame when I was there last. Get your little one diving if you can convince him or her.

Zero
06-16-2007, 11:08 PM
Yep there were lots of relics around inside and out but they are also protected and you cant take things off the wreck. I did manage to get a 42 Coke bottle from an old dump site that is just about perfect but.

Matt