PDA

View Full Version : From the SeaDog's Perspective.....

SeaDog
06-04-2007, 10:59 AM
I just got back from the LB Scuba Show, It was Great! I was finally able to see some of the new equipment, gadgets and gear that I keep reading about, but never get to check out or put on. I have to see stuff up close before I can buy it, Sorry to the "dot com" companies, just one of my quirks.

I enjoyed being able to meet lots of other divers and people in the industry, I'm fairly new to diving and my group of local "Dive Buddies" is rather small. I was glad for the opportunity to expand on that, hear other opinions of equipment, dive sites, and Ideas. and I think I accomplished my main goal of getting as much info (aka opinions) as I could soak up.
I really liked the seminars, I picked up a lot of pointers on everything from buying equipment to new dive locations that I had never really considered going too. My favorites where really all the stuff on photography. Lot's of great info and "tricks" of the trade. I'm going try some of them out next trip.
As a side note...DrBill, I did see your films and I thought they where very good, I hope I can put something together like that someday, even if it's just for family and friends.
I may even of managed to spark my wife's interest in switching from snorkeling to scuba in the near future. I'll cross my fingers.
Anyway, just one guy's opinion. Looking forward to next years convention already, Hope to see you there.
SeaDog