06-02-2007, 03:47 AM
Hi, anyone here take shots in Ontario?

Sarah
06-02-2007, 03:56 AM
Hi Steve, awesome website and photos!

wetman
06-02-2007, 03:59 AM
Thanks..

I'm planning to add 20 or so series of wreck shots this summer but I only personally know of a few people that do it up here. Looking for a few more who I dont know about.

Daddy-h2O
06-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Steve,

Do you get to the south shore of Lake Ontario?

I have been searching for Photos of the St. Peter. It's a deeper wreck (107' +/-) I have been wanting to dive that wreck for some time.

Also, another cool and popular dive is the Islander in Alexandria Bay NY. It is the easiest shore/wreck dive in the world. (IMHO) Lots of fish everytime I dove it. Maybe not a great photo op but it is always cool to see pic's of wrecks you have been on.

wetman
06-05-2007, 11:46 PM
I have yet to get to the south shore of LO. Closest i've gotten is alex. bay - love a lot of the wrecks over there. Will be making a weekend of that this year at some point. Not sure if i'm bringing my boat over or doing charters though (dont know what i need to do to bring my boat yet, so maybe its pretty easy or not, who knows)

Where is the St. Peter?

steve

Daddy-h2O
06-06-2007, 01:05 AM
Between Pultneyville (SP) and Sodus Bay.

I have never dove that wreck but I am trying to get to it this year. NY has a program called a the Seaway trail. They are trying make acessible dive sites along the trail. I am trying to get the club I belong to to become stewards of a site on the St. Peter.

Outside of Oswego there is NY 1st fresh water dive sancuary (sp) called the David W. Mills see www.dreamscape.com/pchurch/scuba/mills.html
for more information. It is a shallow wreck and is broken up pretty well but the construction style leaves alot of nooks for the fish to hide in.

There are few and far between dive charters in NY. Insurances and NY love of taxing small business keeps the competition down.

I only know one guy who has dove this wreck. I am sure I know more just no one has made claims to doing it.

If you make it this far look us up. We dive mostly in Skeanatlas Lake. Not much to see but every once in awhile we make some "diffrent" discoveries. Last year we found several fresh water jelly fish in the lake. They were awsome. Historically they are spotted off and on again.

What type of diving do you do? Most of us are rec. divers, but we do have a few techie guys who like to do deep diving. There is a story of a silboat that sunk in about 200' of water that they keep talking about finding...

wetman
06-12-2007, 12:55 AM
All rec stuff.

I've seen one fresh water jellyfish as well - about 4 years ago in front of kingston. We had no idea what it was and no one believed us when we told them. Very interesting stuff.

I think a trip to Alex bay is in order soon - how far are you guys from there?

Daddy-h2O
06-15-2007, 08:47 PM
About 2-3 hours depending on weather and traffic. Do you have a time frame?

caymaniac
07-05-2007, 10:56 PM

Have you been to Tobemorey?

caymaniac
07-05-2007, 10:56 PM

Have you been to Tobemorey?

AquaStruct
07-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Loved the websites -- galleries are incredibly well populated with terrrific images. Congrats! - Jim

littleleemur
12-04-2007, 04:04 AM
Awesome pics. Have you any of the Keystorm?

Chantelle
12-04-2007, 11:41 AM
OO... nice! :)

I have started to take pics up here a bit, but they are nowhere near a professional level. I have a couple of P&S digital cameras, that are not exactly high quality, but I just have fun with them. We mostly take video, and I leave the tough stuff to my SO. I just fool around with the video camera. There are three of us that record the footage, our friend does the digitizing and editing, and posts them up on the YouTube site.

I do have a few friends that take gorgeous pics of wrecks all over Ontario. I would much rather look at their pics than mine...:D

seasnake
12-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Chantelle, looking at your youtube videos ... I have a stupid question. Is Wooferbitch the same guy who used to have a tv show where he and his friend renovated their cottage??

Chantelle
12-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Chantelle, looking at your youtube videos ... I have a stupid question. Is Wooferbitch the same guy who used to have a tv show where he and his friend renovated their cottage??

ROFL... yep... that's the same fella... :p

Tom R
12-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Awesome pics. Have you any of the Keystorm?

Yes I do and all of them in the fall in clearer water

Chantelle
12-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Yes I do and all of them in the fall in clearer water

This is one of my friends that takes awesome pics :D

seasnake
12-05-2007, 02:37 PM
ROFL... yep... that's the same fella... :p

I loved that show! ha ha ... I laughed when I saw him push the gemini off the ice into the water.

Chantelle
12-05-2007, 06:16 PM
I loved that show! ha ha ... I laughed when I saw him push the gemini off the ice into the water.

That day was an absolute blast :)