PDA

View Full Version : Cheers

divepixgreg
05-31-2007, 02:04 AM
Hi all,
I saw an invite from DiveChick on another group I am amember of and checked out your site. I am impressed with the variety and activity that is here and decided to become a part of your community.
I have been diving since the early 80's. I started diving off the SE coast of Florida and the Keys and have been diving in several areas of the Caribbean.
As my member name implies I am hooked on the photography thing. I am currently shooting a Fuji S2 Pro with various pieces of Nikon glass in an Ikelite Aluminum/Acrylic Housing with dual DS50 strobes. I look forward to posting more shots for your critique and sharing and learning techniques and equipment.
Cheers to ya,
Greg

Sarah
05-31-2007, 02:37 AM
Hi Greg, and welcome!

How do you like the S-2? One of these days I am going to get a real underwater camera......

Zero
05-31-2007, 09:17 AM
Hi Greg, and welcome!

How do you like the S-2? One of these days I am going to get a real underwater camera......

Donations please?:D

G'day Greg and welcome aboard.

Matt

divepixgreg
06-02-2007, 01:37 AM
Thanks for the welcome.
I should preface this with the fact that I am only an amatuer photographer and have no formal training,background or preferences. I do enjoy the S2, the fuji pixel configuration is unique in that the pixels are hexagonal. The S2 which is a 6.1 MP camera actually lays down a 12-13MB Raw file for each image. The data collected appears to be very helpful in cropping and expanding. I can print 12"X18" at home and have done some test shots cropping small areas and expanding them to test the files. I have been very satisfied.
I have had the camera toppled on a tripod by wind and dropped several times within a housing and at least once outside the housing with no damage. It does seem to be fairly sturdy.
In my humble opinion it is a good camera and although the S3 is out there I am having enough fun with the S2 to stick with it until Fuji or Nikon has a live viewfinder SLR.

Sarah
06-02-2007, 02:04 AM
Well, there is always the Fuji FinePix Pro S-5 with LiveView!