PDA

View Full Version : hey from florida

oilyocean
05-30-2007, 01:46 AM
been diving for about 10 years but grew up snorkelling in cuba and dove then when I was about 10 years old. My father pushed me and my brother into diving pretty early and made us really work to learn how to do it. Have to thank my dad because know I love diving and got my wife and daughter into it

Sarah
05-30-2007, 03:44 AM
Hi Oily, welcome to ScubaMagazine!

We don't get to dive in Cuba, so do tell!

Zero
05-30-2007, 07:02 AM
G'day and welcome aboard Oily.

Matt

oilyocean
05-31-2007, 12:36 AM
was great diving in cuba but my experiences were back in the early 80's--you could see the bottom clearly from the boat in 100' of water. Used to gig lobster from the boat at night by running over the grass beds. My father was pretty hard core about us snorkeling/diving every weekend and on the holidays( he still is --got his pool finished in time for christmas and he was in it when it was 38 degrees outside and water temp was low 40s and he is 67). Just hated the climb down the cliffs with scuba gear (have to remember I was only 10 at the time). I have told my wife if/when cuba opens back up then I am going back. We ate so much fish and lobster growing up that I can't even look at what they sell with out thinking back on the one we used to get--lol