PDA

View Full Version : Seahorses at last

Grouper Bait
05-23-2007, 10:03 PM
We have been diving Cozumel for several years and always loved it. Many experiences and stories to tell (hence the name, Grouper Bait) but on our last trip early in May we finally saw seahorses for the first time. Went back the next day and our divemaster had a video and took great shots of them. If you would like to see them it is at www.aquaconnection.com
Allen will be our divemaster of choice from now on. He runs a great safety minded operation with lots of extras us old timers enjoy. Makes us excited about Cozumel again!

Sarah
05-23-2007, 11:23 PM
Great info GB, glad you had a good time in Coz, nice seahorse footage, and thanks for the AquaConnection tip!

SoCalDiveGirl
05-31-2007, 04:40 AM
on our last trip early in May we finally saw seahorses for the first time.. Makes us excited about Cozumel again!

I was in Cozumel for the 1st time a couple months ago... and my one and only request on the whole trip was to see a seahorse... On one of the days, the DM on the boat (Nestor, from Scuba Club Coz), changed the dive plan that was scheduled for that day... Instead of the reefs, we went to a sandy flat area with lots of vegetation just to find seahorses.. and found several :)
Another group of divers on a nearby reef left their reef to come and see why we were all looking at "sand"..... When they saw the seahorses, they were just as thrilled as our group was :D

CaptainBing
08-23-2007, 09:11 PM
GrouperBait is a shill. He/she has posted on several scuba sites with blatant advertising for their new little operation. Planting trip reports and plugs for a new shop won't win you friends and customers. It's pretty pathetic and very transparent to those who frequent the various scuba sites.

1 post since joining in May, what does that tell you?

Papa Bear
09-27-2007, 05:20 AM
So what? Don't go! I have photographed Sea Horses in Cozumel! If he owns or operates a business so what? He has every right to do so and let us know about it! A far exchange is no robbery!

acelockco
09-27-2007, 01:30 PM
So what? Don't go! I have photographed Sea Horses in Cozumel! If he owns or operates a business so what? He has every right to do so and let us know about it! A far exchange is no robbery!

It is true, he has every right to promote his business. The thing that he is doing that is not right though is missrepresenting himself. He is pretending to be an extremely satisfied customer in telling us about the great time he had. So it is an outright lie.

Now if he said he was Allen from Auqa Connection, then that would be a different thing completely. The point is, lies will not get you good customers.

Papa Bear
09-27-2007, 02:49 PM
The only thing I would ask is how do you know? If so, deception is usually uncovered in the long run and the price is paid. But we are all innocent until the facts are in?

cajunscuba
03-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the video posting. I have never seen a sea horse yet, but headed to Coz in 2 months and hope to see one.

Papa Bear
03-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Here are some friends that just got back and they found Sea Horses!
http://thesailingsharkadventures.com/html/cozumel_08.html

cajunscuba
03-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Thanks for posting. I'm headed to Cozumel in May. It will be my first time out of the USA and I'm so looking forward to it and seeing all the sights, however if I don't see any of those big spiders I won't be disappointed.

Here are some friends that just got back and they found Sea Horses!
http://thesailingsharkadventures.com/html/cozumel_08.html

The Publisher
03-25-2008, 12:22 AM
As to the original post, the funny thing is, if you own a resort, by all means we currently allow resort and love aboard owners & managers to tell us about their resort/boat and why divers should visit them, no need to be anything but open and proud of your hard work. :)