PDA

View Full Version : Do nudis taste like chicken?

allisonfinch
05-22-2007, 01:53 AM
I stumbled into an interesting drama in PNG. A nudi was crawling across a coral when a polyp grabbed it's tail and started to swallow it. I found out that I would make a lousy naturalist since they are supposed to let "nature take it's course". I just couldn't let that pretty thing die that way. Yes, I deprived a polyp of a good meal by rescueing the nudi. BAD ME!!
I did have to have a tug of war with the polyp, though.

Sarah
05-22-2007, 02:36 AM
Aren't you from the radical Nudibranch Liberation Front?

;)

Now THAT is an image that requires you be in the right place at the right time!

santelmo
05-22-2007, 11:42 AM
nice pic! :D

Finless
05-23-2007, 10:19 PM
More a taste of sun tan lotion with a sandy finish ............. oh ............. nudis!

Zero
05-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Them pretty colours arent just for show they are a defence that says im no good to eat to other predators. There was a naturalist down here a few years ago that tried one and he was to please with the taste from what i hear.

Matt

acelockco
06-14-2007, 08:55 PM
I think that the Nuibranch is the one doing the eating. From what I learned they eat the poision tenticles. They take the poision out and send it to their own tenticles on their backs. That is what they use for their own defense.

hbh2oguard
06-16-2007, 12:56 AM
doesn't everything taste like chicken, so they must taste like chicken:)

allisonfinch
06-16-2007, 04:07 AM
This nudi was not eating the polyp, trust me. It was disappearing down its gullet all the while struggling. It's throes had hit surrounding polyps which caused them to withdraw into themselves.