PDA

View Full Version : This looks great

dwashbur
05-20-2007, 07:16 PM
I just joined this forum yesterday; I found it when somebody posted a link about the video gallery to the Northwest Divers Forum and I came over here to check it out. By June 10 we'll be a family of 5 divers; my wife Kathy and I, as well as our youngest daughter Malinda (17), have been diving for about a year, and our two older daughters will be getting certified out in Washington in a couple of weeks. Idaho probably doesn't sound like a place with many diving opportunities, but if one likes fresh water, there's more than you might think. We're in the southeastern part around the Boise area, and there are lakes, ponds and reservoirs galore here.

However, our hearts belong to Puget Sound. Last year right after we got our original OW certification, we went with our dive shop to Hoodsport, Washington, to get our AOW in Hood Canal. We fell in love with the critters of the Sound immediately. Kathy is a travel nurse, so she takes 3 month assignments wherever she wants to go, and earlier this year she spent some time in Puyallup, Washington, diving places like Les Davis and Redondo Beach, and has been dying to go back. So tomorrow, off we go for another round of Sound diving. The only other place we've been so far is Monterey Bay, and that only once, but it was nice while we were there. I'm hoping to try warm water one of these days ;)

So I'm curious: where are some of you veterans from?