PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Nitrox Course - June 8,9, 10

JS1scuba
05-17-2007, 04:58 AM
Greetings,

TDI Advanced Nitrox Course with Channel Islands Diving

June 8, 9, 10 2007

This course is to provide the EANx certified diver with the skills and knowledge needed to minimize the risks of utilizing optimal breathing gas EANx mixtures* of 25% through 100% (oxygen) for dives to a depth of 150 fsw (46 msw) not requiring stage decompression.

You will learn how to do extended no-stop dives using multiple nitrox mixes. Plus you will be introduced to certain technical diving skills and procedures.

We will conduct up to 6 dives over two day.

Itinerary: Arrive Friday afternoon, equipment prep and academics, late Friday evening we will head to Anacapa Island and set up for diving in the morning. Saturday we will do 3 dives with dive planning and skills, Saturday evening dinner and dive plan reviews. Sunday 3 more dives and final exam review. We will be back to the dock about 6 pm.

We will be using the NO-RESPECT out of Channel Islands Harbor Marina.

Boat Fee: $250 per person
Course Fee: $350.00 per person includes text, cert card.
We will provide the stage bottles and regulators for use.

If you have an interest in this exciting and fun training weekend please email me at:

Joel@techdivinglimited.com

We have 2 spaces available.

Regards,

santelmo
05-17-2007, 10:51 AM
im gonna have my nitrox course this weekend...any tips? :D :p

JS1scuba
05-18-2007, 03:04 AM
im gonna have my nitrox course this weekend...any tips? :D :p

Yup, enroll in my Advanced Nitrox Course. Then tell your instructor to make sure you are fully prepped so that when you show up we don't have to teach you PO2s ..............

Seriously. 1 bring a calculator, 2. buy an oxygen analyzer 3. make sure you leave it understanding the concept and why it works.

Then ....... enroll in my advanced nitrox class and you will be well rounded when done.

Cheers

santelmo
05-18-2007, 01:46 PM

ill see if i can go to your location :o :rolleyes:

JS1scuba
05-18-2007, 04:26 PM

ill see if i can go to your location :o :rolleyes:

Yanno i just looked at that. Seems like you are a little far away. You would need to get a flight to LAX and then drive up to Ventura to get the boat. It would be a very long weekend for you.

Cheers

Packhorse
05-21-2007, 04:13 AM
Why the use of a stage if there is no stage decompression?

Zero
05-21-2007, 07:39 AM
Best mix rule perhaps? Or maybe to teach the procedures for what happens on a staged deco.

Matt

JS1scuba
05-23-2007, 06:59 AM
Why the use of a stage if there is no stage decompression?

By utilizing two gas mixes allows you to extend no-stop time.

It works well.

Cheers
JDS

jex
05-25-2007, 10:01 PM
...by the way, I bought an oxygen analyzer from Joel at a crazy, ridiculous low price!

Packhorse
06-01-2007, 01:54 AM
Or maybe to teach the procedures for what happens on a staged deco.

Matt
Shouldnt that be left to a deco course?

Seriously is there any real benifit for this course by its self? It would seem so much more usefull with a deco course.