PDA

View Full Version : Scuba Related Boat Names

CrackedConch
05-05-2007, 08:17 AM
What are some of the best scuba related boat names you have seen?

I'll get it started with:

Under Pressure
Getting Tanked
DownTime
BottomTime
Lady Go Diver

Zero
05-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Wreck:D

Matt

jafo
05-05-2007, 11:56 AM
I have dove off a boat called the "Scuba Spirit" here in the midwest. I named my boat the " Scallywag"

richardsantink
05-05-2007, 01:21 PM
Diversity [aka 'diver city']

acutally, maybe it was the other way around... ;)

RAS

CrackedConch
05-07-2007, 01:55 AM
I heard another one today:

Deep DevOcean

or just simply: DevOcean

Daddy-h2O
05-07-2007, 10:08 PM
My favorite is more advice than a dive related name...

PB4U GO

PinayDiver
05-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Yesterday, as we piled into a boat taking us to Kota Kinabalu's Mamutik and Manukan Islands, I scanned the names of the docked boats.
I found curious how "Tiger Balm" was coincidentally side-by-side with "Cool Cat." Further off was "Yellow One," which, if you go by its common enough euphemism, might as well be named "Scaredy Cat" :)

Quero
05-26-2007, 02:31 AM
Yesterday, as we piled into a boat taking us to Kota Kinabalu's Mamutik and Manukan Islands, I scanned the names of the docked boats.
I found curious how "Tiger Balm" was coincidentally side-by-side with "Cool Cat." Further off was "Yellow One," which, if you go by its common enough euphemism, might as well be named "Scaredy Cat" :)

From one word-lover to another: great post!

PinayDiver
05-28-2007, 12:36 PM
From one word-lover to another: great post!

Why, thanks Marcia. I relish your appreciation :)

PinayDiver
08-15-2007, 08:24 AM
Hey Quero a.k.a Marcia (or the other way around), got more boat names from last month’s dive trip to Apo Island in the Visayas.

The 12-meter dive boat that we went out on goes by the name “Calypso” (fitting: nymph-daughter of Atlas—or maybe the pop-culture association: Pirates of the Caribbean’s sea goddess bound in human form).

To and from the dive sites, noted boats named:

“Annabel Lee” (presumably a nod to Edgar Allan Poe’s melancholic poem for a girl who died young, buried in a tomb by the sea),

“SeaMaster” (either owner likes WWII strategic bomber seaplanes or he has delusions of grandeur, lol),

“Kuatros Marias” (owner probably has a house full of women who he either loves so much he just has to make his affections known out on the waters or, more simply, it's such a matriarchal household that they naturally just put their stamp on everything :D),

and “Discovery Rider” (either owner follows Discovery Channel cyclists or he’s got it right about every dive being that kind of ride :) )

acelockco
08-15-2007, 11:51 PM
The famous dive boat around these parts was called The Seeker.

Quero
08-16-2007, 02:34 AM
L-A, great! My favourite of your interpretations is the Kuatro Marias one. ROFL.

Phlocker
08-16-2007, 03:28 AM
How about these.

Buoy, Oh Buoy!

Knot4Sail

Scuba Doo

UnderTow

The Wet Dream

C-H2O (salt water)

and my Favorite "Don't Panic" (written upside down)

Tigerbeach
08-16-2007, 07:58 AM
In Long Beach, California, there is a dive charter boat named

"The Bottom Scratcher."

Papa Bear
08-19-2007, 06:44 PM
TB saw one in Turks & Caicos for you! "Got a Lot!" I like "This Sucks!" ! (Jet Boat) and a Scuba Ref as well!