PDA

View Full Version : A Guy's (& his girls') WORST NIGHTMARE!

Sarah
04-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Ok, when I first heard of this, my reaction was this has to be an urban legend.

Judge for yourself.

Candiru (Vandellia cirrhosa) are parasitic catfishes that feed on blood from the gill cavities of larger fishes. They are known to enter the urethra of humans urinating in water, possibly mistaking exiting urine for gill exhaust

Below are photos of a candiru and a photo of one being surgically removed by A. Samad from a male's urethra.

seasnake
04-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Where do you find this stuff ... ?:eek:

Daddy-h2O
04-29-2007, 12:19 AM
Grey's Anatomy last Thursday!! Awsome.

Sarah
04-29-2007, 12:41 AM
Where do you find this stuff ... ?:eek:

Ron,

To answer your question, I found this in the fifth dimension, a dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's worst fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call:

"The Twilight Zone"

santelmo
04-29-2007, 11:23 AM
no way....for real??? :eek: :D well maybe if u do skinny dipping? :D

Zero
04-30-2007, 09:04 AM
I wonder how many dive shops would be preying for these buggers to come to their local area so student would be to afraid to pee in their hire suits.

Matt

seasnake
04-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Ron,

To answer your question, I found this in the fifth dimension, a dimension beyond that which . . . .

Oh god ... lol .... :p But you didn't post the video this time! ha ha :rolleyes:

dakuwanga
05-14-2007, 05:41 AM
Oh god ... lol .... :p But you didn't post the video this time! ha ha :rolleyes:

SORRY!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
eSLKZzuLC00

Sarah
05-14-2007, 06:57 AM
Is it just me or is it some coincidence that the fish expert doctors' name was Dr. Johnson?

richardsantink
05-14-2007, 11:39 AM
Drysuit, drysuit.. DRYSUIT!!!!!

Like to see that dirty little ba$tard make it past a P-valve... ;)

RAS

UPDATE: BTW, from what the video suggests, women are not necessarily 'immune' from this visitor...

amtrosie
05-14-2007, 09:04 PM

Below are photos of a candiru and a photo of one being surgically removed by A. Samad from a male's urethra.

I dive chick,

Do you look for this stuff on purpose? It is truly painful to even contemplate!

phrenicnerve
05-15-2007, 01:24 AM
Is it just me or is it some coincidence that the fish expert doctors' name was Dr. Johnson?

:p ;)

no. i think it means something. no coincidence here...

the modern flush toilet was popularized by Thomas Crapper.

BillW
05-16-2007, 12:36 AM
I’m more concerned with the creatures from across the 8th dimension.

Daddy-h2O
06-07-2007, 02:12 AM

Thank you iDC, this statement made my day:) :)

Sarah
06-07-2007, 02:17 AM
Amtrosie wrote;
Do you look for this stuff on purpose? It is truly painful to even contemplate!

Contrary to popular belief, this has nothing to do with me getting in touch with my inner-freak.

We were actually given all this info by a well known drysuit manufacturer that is trying to increase their marketshare. ;)

Daddy-h2O
06-07-2007, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE=iDiveChick;4256]

Contrary to popular belief, this has nothing to do with me getting in touch with my inner-freak.

QUOTE]

Why not?;)

This were most people shake their heads and walk ( RUN) away...:eek:

Tigerbeach
07-24-2007, 02:57 AM
I think you need to write your name while pissing.

The little buggers are notoriously poor spellers, you know; and they can't anticipate where your next move is going, in order to swim in.

I don't know what you girls will have to do...

acelockco
07-24-2007, 12:56 PM
I just looked at the photos i-dive posted and could not believe the last photo she posted. It looks to be a photo of a Dr. holding the removed thing from someone. In the background there is a huge ball sack just there. That was not something I was expecting to see.

By the way, wouldn't these things swim into a womans "gill hole"?

diverchrispy
10-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Hey Dive Chick did you happen to notice Dr. "Johnson's" depiction of 6"...... that's why we men use a tape rule to measure ;-}

diverchrispy

dappydiver
02-13-2009, 10:52 AM
I'm not sure about a drysuit. I'm taking no chances I've ordered a metal cricket box.:D

lovejenete
12-05-2009, 08:18 AM

Judge for yourself.

Candiru (Vandellia cirrhosa) are parasitic catfishes that feed on blood from the gill cavities of larger fishes. They are known to enter the urethra of humans urinating in water, possibly mistaking exiting urine for gill exhaust

I can't see them more than a second. Specially the third one.
Thanks.