PDA

View Full Version : New User Categories

Sarah
04-25-2007, 06:04 AM
We're working on a User Legend that is color keyed. As an example, I am a "Super Moderator" and in the online users display my user name shows up in green.

We don't think "Super" is the greatest choice of terms, maybe Senior might be better....

We're also going to change the sort order so it shows up in the proper order.

We have the ability to creater other user titles like "Local Guide". As an example, if someone was from the Philippines, Indonesia, or Southern California, they could be a "Local Guide" to that Forum section.

We long ago created custom user categories like "Photographer", Instructor, etc, that members can join which wil changer your user designation under your avatar instead of "regular member".

We don't want to overcrowd the user categories, but we're open to suggestions. We currently have Photographer, Videographer, Instructor Wreck Dive and Cave Diver. We will require your bonafides to allow members to join those categories, especially the cave diver, as we want the categories to be meaninful.

We may add "Rebreather Diver" and can you think of anything else?

seasnake
04-25-2007, 02:16 PM
I would like to be "Grand Poobah of Grammatical and Syntactical Errors", and I would like it to appear in purple. :D

Tigerbeach
07-29-2007, 08:44 AM
Hello iDiveChickie,

How might I set the designation of Instructor for myself, as you mentioned in your post?
I admit, I am still learning my way around the site; if you point the way I should be fine.
Thanks,
ASW

Quero
07-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Hello iDiveChickie,

How might I set the designation of Instructor for myself, as you mentioned in your post?
I admit, I am still learning my way around the site; if you point the way I should be fine.
Thanks,
ASW

I have a related question. I've managed to set it (it's in group memberships in the CP menu), but the label just says "Member" which isn't all that informative, since all the membership groups (instructor, photo, cave, etc.) all are simply designated as "Member." When we see the label under the user name, we still need to go to that person's profile to find out what s/he is a *member of*.

acelockco
07-29-2007, 03:18 PM
We may add "Rebreather Diver" and can you think of anything else?

I know KatiCat and myself would love to see a Tresure Hunter added.

Sarah
07-29-2007, 03:39 PM
So you all went to your user control panel, and scrolling down to the bottom, clicked on "miscellaneous", and then clicked on the group you wanted to join?

Tigerbeach
07-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Thanks, those were the instructions I needed; however when I joined the Instructor group, it also changed my status to "junior" member.

Little Elvis took offense.

Quero
07-30-2007, 03:48 AM
So you all went to your user control panel, and scrolling down to the bottom, clicked on "miscellaneous", and then clicked on the group you wanted to join?

Sort of. You don't actually click "miscellaneous" but rather "group memberships" in the miscellaneous sub-menu. But yeah. And the tag under the username is just plain "Member" (or I guess Junior Member in some cases) rather than Photographer, Cave Diver, Instructor, etc.

acelockco
07-30-2007, 04:25 AM
Sort of. You don't actually click "miscellaneous" but rather "group memberships" in the miscellaneous sub-menu. But yeah.

Thanks, now I got it.

Nice it made me a Senior Member :cool:

I am sure that is probablly linked to the number of posts you have.