PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

davaodan
04-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Hi,

I am Dan Vander May, retired, living in Davao City, Philippines. I have been diving for under a year and I enjoy it very much. Needless to say there are a lot of dive opportunities here. Tomorrow the club is going out on a clean up dive for crown of thorns starfish and other trash.
At 63 I am a little late starting but I anticipate enjoying this sport very much. I recently learned how to snorkel with weights on....effortless.
If anyone needs contact information for dive trips, I can help.

Later,

Sarah
04-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Welcome Dan! Must be nice to be living with an tropical aquarium at your front door!

PinayDiver
04-22-2007, 06:44 AM
Welcome DavaoDan!
Hey, my childhood years were spent in Mindanao (where I still go back once or twice a year to spend time with my parents). But based in Manila for the past two decades, and only been certified for the past six, I do my diving in the areas of Luzon and Visayas (and there's plenty enough).
But it doesn't seem right that I've climbed Mt. Apo there (country's highest peak and all that) yet never descended in Mindanao's waters. Begs to be remedied :). Will you kindly recommend a local dive operator? Thanks in advance!

santelmo
04-23-2007, 07:20 AM
welcome davaodan!

i was born in Davao City but raised here in Manila.... sad to say I've never seen the beauty of Davao... i wish i could visit n dive there soon... how is Pearl Farm? :D

jeff98208
04-23-2007, 10:14 PM
welcome dan! kepp rockin' in the free dive world!:D