PDA

View Full Version : This Scuba Summer Camp Rules!

Sarah
04-19-2007, 02:32 AM
Now this is REALLY cool!

What would you rather be doing this summer, be bored hanging out at the mall or playing Mortal Kombat on Playstation 3 while getting fat or zits or both from eating Twinkies, or:

Go to An Exotic Tropical Location and:

1. Crew a Yacht & scuba dive

2. Explore Island villages

3. Scuba dive with noted marine biologists while earning high school or College credits

4. Trek through lush rainforests

5. Dive WW2 wrecks and visit a headhunter shrine

6. All the above, but I want the PS3 when I get back!

Broadreach is an experiential summer camp organization for 13-18 year olds that offers camps that include scuba diving, sailing, marine biology, academic and wilderness programs that span the globe.

Broadreach (http://www.gobroadreach.com/default.asp) is not a travel organization where you are dragged around with a large group, but is an organization that takes teens in non-competitive groups of 10-14 and puts you in a team that teaches skills like leadership, compromise, consideration, respect, and life lessons, and all done in an idyllic exotic localewhile doing really cool things.....like studying and diving with dolphins!

Just check out the video (http://www.scubamagazine.net/photo/showphoto.php?photo=293)!

You can also view a photo album of their Dolphin Studies (http://www.academictreks.com/tools/album_viewall.asp?aid=2635) camp.

CAN2
04-15-2008, 03:08 AM
HI there. I've seen a few ads for this camp lately and am interested in this for my 14 year old ( but probably next summer. We are booked for this summer already. Do you know anything about this camp? Have you heard of anyone who has gone? Thanks for your help!

lottie
04-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Sorry - just a little thread diversion - What are Twinkies???? :?

acelockco
04-15-2008, 11:24 PM
Oh boy! Now I know what to bring you when I come to your island.

They are a delicious treat that is not too good for you. Check out the photo:

hbh2oguard
04-16-2008, 02:47 AM
you could have tons and tons of twinkies for the same price as one of those trips but they do seem very very cool:)

lottie
04-16-2008, 03:43 AM
Right...okkk...if they are what i think they are. We do get something similar over here - probably exported from the states as well (just not twinkies) :)

acelockco
04-16-2008, 03:58 AM
Maybe this will help:

acelockco
04-16-2008, 04:03 AM
Now if you want to know the secret treat here on the East Coast then you need to know about the Tastykake.

The Tastykake is made in many different styles, they have pies, and bars, and all kinds of stuff, but in many peoples opinions they are better than anything else. I go nuts for them! Here are a few to check out:

seasnake
04-16-2008, 06:13 PM
(Homer voice): mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm .... tastykake ..... aaahhgghghhghhghghghgh ... . . .

acelockco
04-16-2008, 09:10 PM
Wow, did we ever hijack this thread?

lottie
04-17-2008, 08:18 PM
wow! my sentiments as well...better get back to finding out about that summer camp - except i'm not a teen anymore! (probably a good thing!) :)