PDA

View Full Version : Dinner anyone?

SoCalDiveGirl
04-12-2007, 10:38 PM
http://www.flixxy.com/underwater-restaurant-maldives.htm

Dine 16 feet below sea level at the Hilton Maldives Resort & Spa’s unique undersea restaurant. Marvel at 360° views of reef and marine life, sip champagne cocktails and sample Maldivian-Western fusion cuisine at this spectacular Maldives restaurant – the world’s only all-glass, undersea restaurant.

seasnake
04-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Okay ... when? I'm sure it's not too pricey or anything . . .

DrBill
04-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Your treat, Missy? Remember, I'm a poor starving marine biologist!

SoCalDiveGirl
04-14-2007, 12:11 AM
Wait.... you're the guys.... Supposed to be gentlemen and take ME!

sheesh :D

seasnake
04-14-2007, 02:06 AM
*pfffft* no problem ... I'll pay for everyone ... :)

DrBill
04-14-2007, 06:12 AM
Seasnake... does that offer include airfare?

SoCalDiveGirl
04-14-2007, 07:52 AM
Seasnake... does that offer include airfare?

forget that... Ron just needs to come to SoCal... Dr B will cook (none of that green curry stuff either)... Then we'll all go diving.

seasnake
04-15-2007, 02:53 AM
Free food!? I'm there! ha ha ...

santelmo
04-24-2007, 08:27 AM
count me in... :D ill contribute on entertainment... :p :o hahaha

Zero
04-24-2007, 08:36 AM
I think the entertainment would be the look on Ron and Missys faces when half way through their romantic dinner we all pop up out of the inky black darkness and look in through the glass at them while theyre eating.

Matt

phrenicnerve
04-24-2007, 08:41 AM
..maybe drop the wetsuit and go bare assed on the glass - lil moonlight.

:rolleyes:

Zero
04-24-2007, 08:44 AM

Saved me typing it but i had that in mind too.:eek:

Matt

PinayDiver
04-24-2007, 09:29 AM
I think the entertainment would be the look on Ron and Missys faces when half way through their romantic dinner we all pop up out of the inky black darkness and look in through the glass at them while theyre eating.

Matt

Creepy! haha
I noticed that Matt conveniently "vanished" DrBill from his scenario. Now, what would he have to say about that?! :D
Phrenicnerve's butt-baring and all, I guess the concept of romantic dinner is just generally lost on this bunch. A round of San Miguel Pale Pilsen (our local beer) and balut (I'll leave you guessing on what delicacy that is) to everyone instead! haha

Sarah
04-24-2007, 02:20 PM
We all know what balut is after an episode of Fear Factor where as a stunt, contestants had to eat balut, and I was watching it thinking, oh, if only Pinoys were contestants, they'd be in heaven eating what to them would be a delicacy!

phrenicnerve
04-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Phrenicnerve's butt-baring and all, I guess the concept of romantic dinner is just generally lost on this bunch. A round of San Miguel Pale Pilsen (our local beer) and balut (I'll leave you guessing on what delicacy that is) to everyone instead! haha

Awww. You don't find dining by the moonlight romantic? ;)

PinayDiver
04-25-2007, 05:50 AM
Phrenic:
Well, I’d grant that laughing my head off (at "cheek-y" behaviour) makes for an awfully good time :D

Sarah:
Ah yes, fear factor. What’s to fear? :) Actually, I confess to have become "chicken" myself lately. The variant of balut that I now prefer is balut penoy, where it’s more boiled yolk (as opposed to a formed chick).

Reminds me that when I was a kid being put to bed for the night--and hearing vendors peddling “baluuuut!” from the street below--an uncle told me that God gave me a belly button so that I'd have someplace to hold the rock-salt for eating balut in bed. Decadent, don't you think? :)

seasnake
04-25-2007, 02:20 PM
I noticed that Matt conveniently "vanished" DrBill from his scenario.

Yeh! I thought I was having a romantic dinner with DrBill!:confused:

SoCalDiveGirl
04-26-2007, 03:20 AM

Matt

Oh funny. :p But don't forget about Dr Bill too...

SoCalDiveGirl
04-26-2007, 03:20 AM

Better hope the jellyfish aren't around :D

Zero
04-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Seems 3s not a crowd after all.

Matt

SoCalDiveGirl
04-26-2007, 11:08 PM
Seems 3s not a crowd after all.

Matt

Dinner was an open invite :D But someone is paying for it (and its not me-have you seen their menu prices?! :eek: ) lol.

littleleemur
12-12-2007, 09:48 PM
So, um, has anyone been yet? How's the food? :confused: