PDA

View Full Version : Periods, Pregnancy, and Chick stuff

Sarah
01-05-2007, 02:43 AM
Since this seems to be a topic that generates many questions amongst us girls, I thought I would post a link here to an excellent DAN article that covers most of it.

Topics covered are cancers, breast issues including breast feeding and diving,(is that what I have to look forward to, pee-valves for my nipples while diving in a drysuit? :p ) pregnancy and diving, endometriosis, breast implants and diving, menstruation, birth control, osteoporosis, etc, all as it relates to us girls and diving.

Here (http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/medical/articles/article.asp?articleid=9) is the DAN article.

Al Mialkovsky
01-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Thanks, I actually just printed that out for my female students.

CADiver
01-11-2007, 04:44 AM
What about for guys ?! Why aren't there medical stuffs related to diving for guys ?

:-)

Sarah
01-11-2007, 04:52 AM
Hi CADiver, welcome by the way! :)

Anyway, many women who get into our great sport have concerns related to women stuff.....so we created a forum for women to interact and ask female related questions.

I think guys should get equal time with their own special forum time too so there is a guy forum where guys can talk about guy stuff if they want to. How's that for fairness!? :)

allisonfinch
01-12-2007, 02:27 AM
:mad:
AL!!! GO AWAY!! You're not a chick!!

Hmmmm....or are you?

Al Mialkovsky
01-12-2007, 04:38 PM
:mad:
AL!!! GO AWAY!! You're not a chick!!

Hmmmm....or are you?

No I'm not, just wondering where us guys can talk about our prostate issues?

Jason Ooi
01-13-2007, 02:08 AM
So create a new thread concerning about guys

Sarah
01-13-2007, 03:51 AM
No I'm not, just wondering where us guys can talk about our prostate issues?

In the Manly Man forum!

DrBill
03-29-2007, 01:26 AM
In the Manly Man forum!

But what if we are girlie men (as liberals are called by our Governator here in Caleefornya)?

Zero
03-29-2007, 09:23 AM
But what if we are girlie men (as liberals are called by our Governator here in Caleefornya)?

You can post in both forums then:eek:

Matt

lottie
06-07-2007, 03:37 PM
..but yet majority of posters are men.........
hmmmmmmm...

how about us girls hijacking the manly man thread??????

Lottie :o)

Sarah
06-07-2007, 11:30 PM
Any time us girls create something and say girls only, it is like a wet paint sign, lol, but we love our guys! ;)

lottie
06-08-2007, 12:42 AM
...yes.
Can't live with 'em. Can't live without 'em

:D

adrisen
10-27-2007, 01:46 AM
Thanks for the article link posting

acelockco
10-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the link, a friend of mine just found out she is pregnant. Of course she has concerns about diving and such so I am going to pass this along to her.

As far as the ScubaChix and Manly Man areas, I think they should be eliminated. I would rather see this in a SCUBA health and medical area. The thing is many of us "Manly Men" is most of us have "ScubaChix" in our lives and visaversa so this information is just as important to us.

Plus where do all the gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transexuals, crossderssers, transgenders, and anything else they will think of go? Do we need to make areas for them as well? (Just a little fun from another thread)