PDA

View Full Version : Oxy2 help

scubajam
04-06-2007, 06:55 PM
I dive a SCR Dräger Dolphin and have purchased two Oxy2 units. Both have had minor water intrusion to the point the circuit board shows some corrosion and they have quit. Does anyone know where to send for repair? I sent to Scubapro and they no longer sell or service - just sent it back. I have another wired O2 monitor, but this unit is great when it works as it changes deco on the fly as the O2 changes. I also like the fact it's right in line with the inhale instead in the counterlung. Any help appreciated. Or, anyone have a working unit to sell?

Admin
04-06-2007, 07:16 PM
ScubaJim,

On your behalf we just contacted ScubaPro Corporate. They gave us a definitive answer that an Oxy2 that has a corroded PC board indicates water infiltration and that cannot be serviced as they have no access to replacement PC boards.

The manufacturer, Uwatec has not made the Oxy2's for 4 years now. ScubaPro will still change batteries, etc, but when it comes to parts, your out of luck.

They did say that Uwatec will not accept a return for repairs.

If you cannot find some used Oxy2's, then you can use Draeger's Oxyguage to monitor P02, or you can check out the various homebuilt means of monitoring Po2 with a VR3.

We have Paul Raymaekers on the forum here who prodcues the rEvo and I believe they produce a means of monitoring P02 for Dolphins.

Perhaps other Dolphin divers can chime in here.