PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Diver Challenge!

Sarah
04-05-2007, 11:20 PM
http://www.ultimatediverchallenge.com/Images/UDC%20Home%20Page%20Header102406.jpg

Divers should be getting very excited!!! The Ultimate Diver Challenge is now only 5 months away!- Participants will experience a vacation that will allow them to test their diving skills while competing in a variety of dive challenges for an opportunity to win up to $100,000.00 and the title of "The Ultimate Diver". This is a great opportunity for dive travel buddies to critique and improve their current level of dive skills while exploring one another's strengths and weaknesses under water. This will lead to a more enjoyable diving experience in future travels by ensuring that our dive buddies are reliable, competent and safe.

The entry fee $1850 includes NINE nights lodging at one of six of Cozumel's finest all inclusive resorts including 3 meals daily, snacks, beverages, and alcohol. It also includes five days of 2 tank fun diving for divers to enjoy when they are not competing in the challenges. The Discover Cozumel Race will take them on a tour around the island inviting them to explore the businesses, people, culture and the history of the island. Winners of this race will win a return trip to Cozumel for the entire team! Keep in mind that divers concerned about vacation time can come down for 7 nights and still be in the challenges and experience the closing ceremony.

The closing ceremony will be an all day event includes beach/land/water challenges that will reward winners with prizes such as an Amphico Housing Unit, Wakatobi Dive Resort Trip, Island & Cruise Adventure/Expedition Fleet Liveaboard trips to the Phillipines, Divi Resort trip to Bonaire and a Scuba Travel Venture trip to the Pacific Total prizes valued at over $10,000. We have several other destinations such as Bonaire, Belize, Papua New Guinea, and Curacao that are looking to come on board with packages as well. We want to promote dive destinations from around the world through our event, as we will be looking to choose our next destination for the Ultimate Diver Challenge in the very near future.

We also have $4000 in Silent Auction Items plus many other items that have been donated but are not yet listed! Our goal is to have over $10,000 in merchandise for the Silent Auction. This will provide a nice charitable contribution to a foundation in our Industry that emphasizes the protection and research for our marine life. As the list continues to grows additional items will be provided as door prizes so that the teams will have more chances to win!

Realistically, The numbers are going to be probably at max 30 to 35 teams total...This means if 30 teams are on board each with ten members that 10 divers out of 300 will have a chance to be the big winners! GREAT ODDS for the teams!!!! With 30 to 35 teams on board -- we are still anticipating the give away of up to $100,000.00. It will be a bit tricky based on budget numbers but we do believe that it can still be done.

We would like for your team to share with others why they chose to take the Ultimate Diver Challenge along with what diving and participating in this event means to them. This can be captured by video and can include images of them in their daily life, past scuba excursions, stories that reveal their love for the sport and later packing their bags as they head off to the Ultimate Diver Challenge.

I will be working on press releases to introduce the teams as they are put together announcing who team members are and where they are from. This will be great publicity for your dive shop, scuba club, organization and for team participants.

Divers need to complete their applications filled out and return with their entry fee by May 1, 2007 to secure their accommodation preference. All lodging choices will be provided in the order that the applications are received based upon availability. Teams are encouraged to invite other non participating divers, family and friends to join us in Cozumel to form your support team. We have packages that include diving rates and non diving rates as well as children rates. Non-participant divers that will be accompanying your team for support will be charged $1025 per person double occupancy for 9 nights all inclusive -- meals, snacks, beverages, alcohol along with 5 days of 2 tank diving. We can offer them 7 nights for $799 total.
Non Divers -- 9 nights $725 all inclusive. Non Divers -- 7 nights all inclusive $565 for the week.

Fiesta Car Rentals of Cozumel will be providing a weekly Jeep Wrangler rental rate of $280 ($40 a day) plus 10 percent tax. Insurance optional but recommended. Rental car insurance rates:
$15.- per day with a Deductible of 10% of the value of the Car or
$25.- per day No Deductible
This can be shared among teams/families. I will need to know in advance if and how many cars/jeeps your group would like to have.

In preparing for the event, contact your local media for coverage of the event, enjoy pool time to exploit current skills and to determine additional training needed. Contact your local reps and dealers to see about donating certain items for your team (a great opportunity to get products advertised). Do some fund raising to reduce the cost of team participants.

Although, the program was set up to allow dive shops to be the main source for entry, we want to invite special dive organizations and dive clubs to form teams and join.
If you are an individual that would like to be linked up with a team, call me!

I can hardly wait to see how the teams do! If you have team members needing additional information, you can always have them call me! Creativity is what started this event -- and we can certainly find more exciting creative ways to spark more interest in your team participants...
Scuba needs an opportunity to show the world that our sport is in fact as important as all of the other sports highlighted in today's television programs!

If you have not yet joined us for this event -- All you need is 6 to 10 divers to become part of something that truly needs to happen in our industry. Divers need to be recognized for mastering essential skills that maintain the safety in our sport. Your divers will enjoy the challenge and a vacation like no other!!

Good Luck Teams!

Pam Bertrand

Pamelia O. Bertrand, Director
Ultimate Diver Challenge
www.ultimatediverchallenge.com
816-765-SCUBA (7282

CaptainBing
04-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Very cool! Are you organizing this event idivechick? Is this your "baby?" If so, kudos to you for a very clever idea! I haven't read through everything yet, but I may be very interested in getting a team together.

Sarah
04-17-2007, 10:11 PM
HI Captain Bing, and welcome to the board by the way :)

It is all Pam's idea. :)

CaptainBing
04-17-2007, 11:47 PM
Thanks I just found out about this forum from a dive buddy of mine. Sorry for the error, good idea anyway.

Sarah
04-18-2007, 12:05 AM
No problem CB, we all wish we would have thought of this.

Pam rocks and so does her idea......the event is going to be HUGE.