PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself - get to know the people behind the name

jonix
01-01-2007, 07:09 AM
Name: Jon
Favorite dive sites: Basura, Twin Rocks, Bahura in Anilao, Batangas, Philippines
Certification Level: PADI AOW, Eanx

Sarah
01-01-2007, 07:13 AM
Hi everyone!

Jon, what are some good resorts to stay at in Anilao?

jonix
01-01-2007, 07:25 AM
Hi everyone!

i frequent aquaventure reef club. other notable resorts are club ocellaris, anilao outrigger, pier uno, balai sa anilao & dive solana. visiting the PI anytime soon?

Sarah
01-01-2007, 07:33 AM
How I would like to! I love the little fish and invertebrates.

I have heard of Basura and Bahura...what is the difference? (besides the s and the h, lol)

jonix
01-01-2007, 09:16 AM
How I would like to! I love the little fish and invertebrates.

I have heard of Basura and Bahura...what is the difference? (besides the s and the h, lol)

basura literally translates to trash, true enough there are discarded beds, refrigerators, and the like at basura...which is one of the best critter dives the PI can offer.

bahura on the other hand translates to reef. actually the site is like an underwater cliff where the current really rips and where viz can be a "gin clear" 100ft. turtles & sharks can be seen there.

Jason Ooi
01-02-2007, 01:40 AM
Name: Jason
Favorite dive sites: Verde Island, PG Philippines
Certification Level: NAUI Nitrox Instructor, IANTD Advanced Nitrox Instructor, IANTD Inspiration CCR Normoxic, PADI Trimix, PADI Tech Deep

Diver Dennis
01-02-2007, 02:32 AM
I have been diving with Jon and other PPD in Anilao and it's terrific. Where are you from?

Babydamulag
01-02-2007, 09:41 PM
You just haven't been diving until you dive the Philippines. I know many Kanos that come to the PI and never leave because the diving (day and night) is so great. If you want to see the best come dive with the best. Anilao was the birthplace of the Philippine SCUBA diving industry. It is just one place on 7000 plus islands to dive. So, what are you waiting for?

dranoel
01-10-2007, 06:32 AM
Name: Leonard
Favorite dive places: Anilao, Tubbataha, Camiguin, Bohol - Philippines
Certification Level: Openwater - Naui

Sarah
01-10-2007, 06:37 AM
Mabuhay Leonard! Thanks for joining.

We would love for you guys to post all your Philippines dive and Island photos to show everyone where they need to plan their next dive trip to!

:)

gronnz
02-02-2007, 06:41 AM
Name: Angel Santos
Favorite dive places: Anilao
Certification Level: Padi AOW

Sarah
02-02-2007, 07:26 AM
Mabuhay Angel,

Glad to have you with us! Hopefully you can add some Tagalog posts in the Tropang Maninisid forum so the rest of us can start practicing!

Feel free to browse around and post anywhere you like!

:) Sarah

dennis
02-19-2007, 06:44 AM
dennis g
padi aow, eanx
anilao, subic.... tuba by april

bojimbs
02-20-2007, 06:16 AM
Hey all,

Just checking things out.

Name: Boj
Certifying Agency: PADI
Level: OWSI

Sarah
02-20-2007, 07:10 AM
Hi Boj, thanks for joining up!

It will be nice to get more input on Philippines diving!

:) Sarah

BamaCaveDiver
02-20-2007, 07:54 PM
What the hell, the place seems to be picking up with some interesting divers so I might as well finally introduce myself.

Name: DeWayne Hyatt, Ph.D.
Location: Burlington, KY (just across the river from Cincinnati)
Favorite Dive Sites: Most any cave or sump that has never been dove before (what can I say, I love tight, dark, vigin holes;) )
Certification Level: Cave, Trimix, Blender, Inspector, and too many more to count

Just a retired/dosabled math prof that loves to cave, be it dry or filled with water. Diving has become my rehab over the past ten years and I would hate to think what would have happened to me if it were not for diving.

Sarah
02-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Maybe physical therapy places should offer dive training and local trips as physical therapy!

arihalos
02-21-2007, 02:21 AM
Name: Ari Luis Halos
Address: Los Banos, Laguna, Philippines
Faves: Club Paradise (Busuanga,Palawan), Apo Island (Dauin, Negros Or.), Twin Rocks, Anilao (bago pinagbawal), Puerto Galera wrecks

bojimbs
02-21-2007, 02:50 AM
Hi everyone!

Please check the other thread i posted in this sub forum. :D

BamaCaveDiver
02-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Maybe physical therapy places should offer dive training and local trips as physical therapy!

I have both joked and talked serious about this with several doctors over the past ten years. Truth be told I have seen more and better pain relief from being submerged than all the opiates they have tried on me. On my last medical dive release the doc even stated that he felt diving was great for me given the amount of pain relief I was able to appreciate from it.

Sarah
02-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Since it seemed Doc prescribed, get insurance to pay for that next trip!

lars2923
02-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Looking at all the posts, they are all from somewhere way way out west.
So I guess diving the eastern sea board of the US isn't so exciting compared
to the blue waters out there.
I dove from Rhode Island to Central America to the northern tip of South America.
Having the second largest coral reef at my back door doesn't hurt either.
Mexico down towards South America. Mexico, Belize, Bahamas (Cay Sal Banks
is a nice spot, lots of sharks).
I'm a PADI DM starting my IDC, Adv. Nitrox, Trimix, rebreather and about a
gazillion other certs. Been diving since before I was born and still diving today.
It's my passion. It's nice coming to work and having people I don't even know ask me, where did you go diving this week?
If you're in the area, look me up. I'm always ready to go diving...

"Let's go diving"
Lars

Sarah
02-22-2007, 03:01 PM
Hi Lars, our publisher dives a Vision equipped Inspiration. We'd love to get more rebreather guys here.

lars2923
02-22-2007, 07:55 PM
iDiveChick,

It would appear the forum is relatively new. I do not remember how I learned
of the scubamagazine website. When the word get around that it's available
perhaps we will see more posts from rebreather divers. I would love to get
a trip with rebreather divers together. See the different units, how they work
compared to each other, listen to the pro's and con's from users about their units.
Do some diving together. I'll start it off. Some of the dive buds are talking a tec
dive on the Oriskany this early summer. it would be tec only, meaning those who
use multiple bottles and those who use rebreathers and can manage their gas and
deco. The date has not been settled yet, but we have enough to charter a boat.
Perhaps an event sponsored by someone that can organize an event. That would
be sweet. Of course YOU would have to be there... No exceptions. In your wetsuit and diving
of course. Wouldn't be right without cha. :-) blushing...

I'll tell my rebreather friends about the site and hope they will add
their adventures for others to read.

Caio for now...

Lars
"Let's go Diving"

Sarah
02-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Lars, we're about 47 days old since we first opened the end of Decemeber.

The fact that we have this many members in such a short period of time is testament that I would make a killer candidate on "The Apprentice".

;)

The publisher is doing an Maricaban/Anilao trip in 3 weeks from March 15th to the 24th.

Mampsa
02-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Name: Gino
Certification: Naui scuba diver
Dives: 50-100
Fave Dive spots: Canyons, Verde Island, Apo Island, Mainit anilao

Hello People!

Sarah
02-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Mampsa, mabuhay!

Isn't Verde Island beautiful?!

I have not seen photos of the other areas including Apo Island which has such a great reputation.

Pinoys and Pinays already know what a fantastic place diving in the 7,107 Islands that make up the Philippine Islands, but why not post some photos and SHOW them?!

And welcome!

Mampsa
02-22-2007, 11:14 PM
I take really bad photos. I'm still using the good ole Sea and See MMII camera with external strobes, really hard to take great pictures.

Maybe I can tell someone to sign up for this board on post those pics.

Cheers

neptunemd
02-23-2007, 04:28 AM
name: tata
best dive sites so far: apo island (dumaguete), apo reef, balicasag (bohol)
playground: anilao

mabuhay!:)

diverjun23
02-27-2007, 06:08 AM
hello to fellow divers -- filipinos and other nationalities!:)
looking forward to an exciting exchanges of dive stories and fun with you all.
i love diving the area of ligpo island and its pinnacles -- depending on the season, its either a slack dive or a nerve-wracking drift dive! woohooo! depths ranges from 90ft to 150ft... but there are shallow portions too.

Life is Good!

diverjun23, 37yo. male, makati city philippines

Sarah
02-27-2007, 06:11 AM
Mabuhay Jun!

Welcome...we've got plenty of Pinoys and Pinays here, and we're working on getting the word out even more.

Us westerners would all love to hear about your favorite dive resorts and locations in the Philippines.

diverjun23
02-27-2007, 06:21 AM
will try my best to describe the sites i've gone through...:)

deep flight
03-01-2007, 12:37 AM
jay
verde island (san agapito), isla de gato (malapascua), bajura ligpo, west wall ligpo island, pinnacle 1 and 2, mainit point, kanto bajura, kirby's rock, beatriz, and the now closed for rehab pulang buli, in P. Galera: canyons, hole in the wall, sweetlips corner, the alma jean, the kio maru in subic (hope i got the spelling right) :) and of course TUBATTAHA REEFS!

Sarah
03-01-2007, 12:50 AM
What is diving like around Maricaban Island off of Anilao?

jonix
03-03-2007, 12:00 AM
What is diving like around Maricaban Island off of Anilao?

ha! you know maricaban? that's where some of anilao's best diving is. bahura, sepok wall, beatrice...

deep flight
03-12-2007, 12:43 AM
ha! you know maricaban? that's where some of anilao's best diving is. bahura, sepok wall, beatrice...

and don't forget kirby's rock where you can consistently find frogfishes. basta matsaga ka lang :p.

just got back from galera and the viz could be better. still, twas awesome as always. but canyons didnt have the good viz as i said. anybody from the forum there yesterday? i saw a couple of pinoys topside. couldn't get a fix kung sino e.

Sarah
03-12-2007, 12:46 AM
For a dive resort review the Publisher will be in the Batangas/PG area the end of next week for 9 days and Maricaban is on his itinerary, as I coordinated things for him and he said absolutely, positively he has to go to Maricaban and do macro HD videography.

jonix
03-12-2007, 04:11 PM
and don't forget kirby's rock where you can consistently find frogfishes. basta matsaga ka lang :p.

ah yes kirby's. one of my favorites as well. :)

chewie
03-17-2007, 01:28 PM
if you're lucky or patient enough, you might find a lot of frog fish in kirby's rock

PinayDiver
04-12-2007, 08:39 AM
kumusta? kung kakabili ko lang ng camera at casing at di ko pa kabisadong gamitin, saang site sa anilao magandang subukan?

fuzz
04-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Hi my name is Mike Hansen. 37 years old, I live in The USA but I was born and raised in the Philippines, I speak, read and write tagalog. I was born in Cavite City and I grew up in Manila. Im a PADI Rescue Diver and Im hoping to go all the way as a PADI instructor. During surface interval.. Im a Police Detective spacializing in Sex Crimes Against Children, I work in Baltimore CIty Police Department. Im hoping to retire soon and come back to live in the Philippines for good. By then I will be able to get rid of my dry suit and be comfy diving with my 3mm wet suit. I love diving around Mindoro, I stay at Encenada Beach Resort.. I will be there this coming October to do some R&R and diving.

My E mail Address is Longrifle762@yahoo.com contact me anytime:)

Sarah
04-17-2007, 10:40 PM
Welcome Fuzz!

santelmo
04-29-2007, 06:39 AM
welcome mike!

it's really nice and amazing to see and hear Americans/ foreigners speak in Tagalog (Filipino language) it always makes me smile... :) it also makes me very happy coz i dont have force myself to speak in english...my nose would not bleed anymore... lolz :D :o :rolleyes: hahaha

wow! a cop!? sexy... lolz joke joke :D peace!

World Wide Diver
04-30-2007, 09:44 AM
Our names are Andrew and Jane.

We originally come from Yorkshire in the North of England, but we are now based in Davao, Mindanao. We are the only English couple here and came here by accident after a friend invited us while we were in Thailand.

We have 13 years dive experience, are both PADI MSDT Instructors and very keen photographers. Much of our time is spent diving (our reason for being here) and discovering new dive sites in the area.

More info about us can be found on the Introduction forum - link is:

Greetings from Davao, Mindanao - ScubaMagazine.net Forum (http://www.scubamagazine.net/showthread.php?t=645)

Look forward to some interesting discussions and sharing information.

WWD

chewie
05-03-2007, 04:08 PM
hi WWD, wow! just by reading your post i would like to see all those small critters there. would love to get the chance to dive there. am going to back to Coron next week for some diving. can't wait! :D

richardsantink
05-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Hi,

Just joined the other day.. thanks for all the welcomes! I posted only brief info the other day, so here's my 'detailed' account of who I am..

I'm 38 years old, and live just outside Ottawa Canada. I'm a newbie. diving for 2 1/2 years now, with 55 logged dives, about 10 unlogged shallow dives (<15'), and about a trillion snorkeling expeditions under my belt ;)

Currently, I'm PADI certified for AOW and Drysuit, as well as TDI Nitrox. This June, I'll be doing NAS I, and I hope to do DIR-F within a year.

Virtually all of my diving is in the St. Lawrence River / Lake Ontario, with my annual dive during our vacation in New England.

Eager to find a willing buddy to take me to some of the shore dives off of the Maine coast when I visit in September! Drop me a line if you're interested!

I think that's it.. As far as gear, I'm diving single AL tanks with a BC, and I dive dry all the time, except during warmer lake dives in July/August.

Cheers,

RAS

fuzz
07-27-2007, 09:28 PM
welcome mike!

it's really nice and amazing to see and hear Americans/ foreigners speak in Tagalog (Filipino language) it always makes me smile... :) it also makes me very happy coz i dont have force myself to speak in english...my nose would not bleed anymore... lolz :D :o :rolleyes: hahaha

wow! a cop!? sexy... lolz joke joke :D peace!

Kumusta Santelmo,

wanna hook up for a dive in Midoro this coming October. Kasama ko GF ko and we will be diving sa Mindoro. Kung di ka available baka naman pwede mo ako ipakilala sa mga pinoy divers.

Mike Hansen :)

fuzz
07-27-2007, 10:26 PM
does anyone have access to a buddy list in the Philippines, if there is such thing... I saw one in a website of a dive shop in Manila but I think its not active or updated. its old. anyone interested in starting a buddy list?

Mike Hansen

Sarah
07-27-2007, 10:59 PM
Mike,

I've never heard of that...if you find it, can you pm me?

eelpout
08-18-2007, 12:11 PM
Hi another Filipino transplant to the USA. Born in Manila,, grew up in the Quezon City. Left my marks at Ateneo, Marist, FEMA, Trinity College, and UP. Shipped out by my parents to the USA in 1978. Got involved in the Scuba scene that year. Been at it since then as a profession.

Marunong pa ako mag tagalog. Mahirap na magsalita, wala akong makausap dito. Ang awasa ko Amerikano. Masmahirap pa magsulat. Ang mga kilala kong divers sa Pilipinas hindi naman naglalakbay sa internet. Masyadong busy sa hanap buhay.

Jim Campos
Laking UP (Barkada ng Area 14 &17 sa UP Diliman)

Joji
08-26-2007, 01:11 AM
Name: George
Fav. sites: Mapating in Anilao (specially the restriction)
USS New York in Subic
Agency: SDI
Certification: OWSI

deep flight
09-02-2007, 10:32 PM
yo fuzz, my brother lives there in baltimore. unfortunately, i couldn't get him to dive. hope he hasn't been one of your subjects there. hahaha!

deep flight
09-02-2007, 10:35 PM
kuya george!!!!

andito ka na din pala!! i miss subic. people here at the forum, you should try diving in subic with kuya george! the best and most effecient people if you're diving the subic area.

kaya lang, di moko sinasabihan pag nag mamapating cave ka. so hindi ako maka relate. hehehe

deep flight
09-02-2007, 10:44 PM
wow! that is impressive mike! kasama mo gf mo? ang galeng!! very flattering to hear you guys speak our language. october? hmmm. how many days are you diving here in mindoro? i go to galera at least once a month. hook up?

deep flight
09-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Hi another Filipino transplant to the USA. Born in Manila,, grew up in the Quezon City. Left my marks at Ateneo, Marist, FEMA, Trinity College, and UP. Shipped out by my parents to the USA in 1978. Got involved in the Scuba scene that year. Been at it since then as a profession.

Marunong pa ako mag tagalog. Mahirap na magsalita, wala akong makausap dito. Ang awasa ko Amerikano. Masmahirap pa magsulat. Ang mga kilala kong divers sa Pilipinas hindi naman naglalakbay sa internet. Masyadong busy sa hanap buhay.

Jim Campos
Laking UP (Barkada ng Area 14 &17 sa UP Diliman)

DONT LOOSE THE PINOY QUALITIES MAN. THE GOOD ONES AT LEAST

Sarah
09-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Mabuhay and Kumusta!

Ok, that is about all the Tagalog I know, lol....

eelpout
09-05-2007, 11:16 PM
You never lose your pinoy qualities because it is in your blood. Growing up in the Philippines (first 20 years of my life) established the foundation of how I feel and look at my life. I had to adapt to the life in the USA. I have certain attributes (negative and positive) that are looked at strangely by my American friends. Example, the concept of "Utang ng loob". Try to explain that to an American. One of the few things that make you a Filipino.

As for the greeting we used to use, Kamusta? Kamusta Pare ko?

Paalam na!
Jim

quinn2187
09-08-2007, 04:45 AM
hey fuzz, nice to see another brother of the blue. i am new to diving. i work the dreaded force in toledo, ohio. fun job, but makes it hard, at least here, to get time off to do the diving some of these people can do. or is it the lousy salery a cop makes, who knows.

chip104
11-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Name: Chip

Occupation: Research fellow. Worked as a lifeguard/swim instructor for 9 years & a first aid/CPR instructor for 5 years in between my studies.
Dive cert: AOW, EANx
Diving since: July 2005
Favourite dive site: Pulong Bato, Isla Verde
Dream dive: No one dream dive, but my dream is to dive every notable reef system in the Philippines
Equipment: EXD #32, Mach V #30 sig series, DSS rig #17, Royal Aquamaster circa 1964-1966. And a nifty yellow tank banger.

mabuhay, my fellow kababayans.

The Publisher
02-12-2008, 01:18 AM
Mabuhay Chip!

bubbles
02-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Seems amazing we go to all the effort to think up fake names for ourselves and then post our actual details! But here goes...

Name: Ingrid
Agency: Padi
Certification: Advanced Open Water
Specialities - Peak Performance, Underwater Naturalist, Nitrox
Favourite dive places: Vilamendhoo house reef in the Maldives, Fairy Tale near Meeru (also Maldives), Asdhoo Canyon Maldives. Have also dived in Mexico (Pacific and Caribbean), Jamaica and very chilly UK.
Member of Reading Dive Club and have been qualified for over 7 years. :)

Delta_v18
02-21-2008, 04:03 AM
Tao po...

Name: Rene Villegas
Profession: Coastal-Marine Profiler/Conservation Advocate/Coastal-Marine Ecological Tourguide.
Dive Sites: Tubbataha Reef (Cagayancillo), Siete Pecados Marine Park (Coron), Decalve Marine Sanctuary (Coron), Calumbuyan Reef (Busuanga), Tantangen Reef/Concepcion Marine Reserve (Busuanga), Bugur-Sand Marine Reserve (Culion), Club Paradise House Reef (Coron).
Certification Level: PADI OWD 0410A78081

Amos ta ren digue sa Calamian... :)

The Publisher
02-21-2008, 05:35 AM
Mabuhay Rene,

I keep hearing about Tubbataha.....one of these days we're going to find a dive boat that goes there and shoot some HDV underwater video.

Delta_v18
02-21-2008, 06:12 AM
What? You haven't been there yet? I tell you, Dave...awesome...

The Park Manager, Angelique Songco is a good friend. her husband Norman was my certifying instructor..

Mabuhay Rene,

I keep hearing about Tubbataha.....one of these days we're going to find a dive boat that goes there and shoot some HDV underwater video.

Bill22
02-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Name: Bill (I guess I wasn't to original when thinking up my screen name :D )

Location: Presently I live in Yokosuka, Japan. I was born and raised in Texas, spent most of my adult life prior to 2001 in Florida.

Occupation: Military Policeman (Master-at-Arms) for US Navy (since 2001). Formerly a US Navy Photographer. Also worked for Photographic Services at Cape Canaveral on the US Space Program and as a Photo Lab Manager.

Diving Certification: PADI Rescue Diver
Specialites: Cavern Diver; EANx; Wreck

Dive Spots: I've dived all over Florida. Also St Thomas and Jamaica in the Carribbean.

Here in Japan I'm the president of our local dive club. We dive around the Miura Pennisula, either Yokosuka or Sagami Bays.

We also make the drive to the Izu Pennisula where we dive in Suruga Bay. The above water scenery includes an excellent view of Mount Fuji :) Izu is the northernmost point of the Philippine Plate. So when we're diving on the west coast of Izu we're diving in the Philippine Sea. On the east coast and when we're diving Miura we're diving in the Pacific :)

Japan is the only place I've dived in anything more than a 3mm (we're in drysuits now :)) Mostly beach diving here. Being in reasonably good physical condition is definetly a plus, we're often walking/wading over rocks and swimming to get to the site :)

I've made two trips to the Philippines (so far). Both in 2007. The first was to Puerto Galera where I stayed at El Galleon and dived with Asia Divers. The second was to Cebu where I dived Malapascua Island with Thresher Shark Divers and Moalboal with Ocean Safari Philippines (better known as Nelson's Scuba Diving School). My favorite dive site (so far) is Pescador Island near Moalboal. Night dives on the House Reef were a lot of fun also. For pure rush... Thresher Sharks and Mantas at Monad Shoal near Malapascua. I'll be making at least one more trip to the Philippines this year. Still trying to narrow that down. The problem with the Philippines I always say... is that there are just too many great places to dive! :)

Guam... Incredible visibility out in open ocean. Still good inside the harbor. I really enjoyed it. Was there this past December... 7th-13th. Did 18 dives in a week. Highlights were Blue Hole, Haps Reef, and the wrecks of the Tokai Maru and SMS Cormoran.

Future trips: Some of these may have to wait until I'm retired and have the time :) I'll be going back to the Philippines of course. I want to do a wreck trip which would include Subic Bay and Coron in Palawan. I'd like to do Southern Leyte, Bohol (Cabilao and Panglao), Dumaguete, Apo Island on another trip. Tubbataha will be a trip in itself probably.

I'd like to dive the whole Pacific. Initially Yap, Palau, Chuuk, and Bikini Atoll. I want to dive Australia GBR and Coral Sea. The Red Sea is on my list also. Next winter I hope to make it up to Hokkaido for some ice diving.

Future Plans: I'm thinking about doing Divemaster next year. Long term I'm giving serious consideration to living in the Philippines when I retire from the Navy in 2012. I'm working on my photography now with a long term goal of using it as supplementary income. This goal will take several years to realize. I have an initial goal of 1000 with a long term goal of 10,000 quality images. That will definitely take time :)

gesguerra
02-26-2008, 05:40 AM
Name: George
Certification Level: PADI OW
Been to (divesites): Sabang Point, Coral Gardens (Puerto Galera), Twin Rocks, Koala Point (Anilao, Batangas)
-----------------------------

Hey ya'll... count me in please, I just got certified for OW more than a week ago, and it was awesome...

Before pursuing the OW, I've also always enjoyed taking pictures while snorkeling, but being able to scubadive presents much more exciting photographic opportunities!

Sharing some pics from my OW checkout in Anilao, Batangas... I see there are a lot in here that are curious about Anilao, hope these pictures will help too...

Cheers!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2368/2292638867_b5c409789f.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2058/2292673889_0557717c6b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3187/2293424460_a2d8996241.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2080/2293424428_1cd7847e3c.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2409/2292638747_e498e26098.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3055/2293424358_eb432d3b9b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2345/2292638673_8bfee0210f.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2006/2293424248_437d9a3ffd.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2134/2293424206_f7eb0346f3.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3020/2292682505_46bffe818b.jpg

gesguerra
02-26-2008, 05:41 AM
some more pics... =)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2019/2292682535_88d8ced8ae.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3239/2293423988_b3179b23d8.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3033/2292637999_c4990c963d.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3142/2292637939_3660b5ec38.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3108/2293423672_b5591d54fb.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3146/2293423846_9bb76aaaab.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2341/2293423550_e327cf09bc.jpg

seasnake
02-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Very nice. Thanks.

Chantelle
02-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Great pics! :)

Sarah
02-26-2008, 10:28 PM
I really enjoyed the photos, thanks!

Delta_v18
02-27-2008, 05:06 AM
http://www.earthocean.tv/index.html

The Publisher
02-27-2008, 05:14 AM
Wow, spectacular photography on that site, thanks for the link!

Bill22
02-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Sharing some pics from my OW checkout in Anilao, Batangas... I see there are a lot in here that are curious about Anilao, hope these pictures will help too...

Cheers!

Very nice photos... thanks for sharing :)

Jovic
03-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Name: Jovic
Part Times: PADI Instructor, UW Photo/Video Shop Retailer (anything UW)
Favorite dives sites.... Lets start with Philippines... Theres no other like Tubbataha.. but Other sites are also great.

Luzon:
Puerto Gallera - Canyons, fishBowl
Anilao - Mainit, Arthurs, Twin Rocks, Beatrice, Kirbys, Sepok, Pinnacle, Ligpo Bahura, Basura, Koala, Daryl Laut, Layag-Layag.. and a lot more.
Apo Reef - All over
Palawan:
Tubbataha, Dos Palmas (AR2 and Helens Rock)
Visayas:
Dumaguete - Apo Island all over; Masaplot on mainland
Bohol - The whole of Balicasag Island
Cebu - Mactan Island area: Hilutungan, Nalusu-an, Mactan Island side for Critters
Cebu - Moalboal - Pescador Island
Cebu - Malapascua, Gato, Monad shoal
Cagayan De Oro - CAmiguin
Gen. Santos - Sarangani bay
Davao - Buenavista Island

Dives sites with no names that we did exploratory:
Samar - Marabot
Panay - Guimaras (Nueva Valencia)

Im pretty sure I missed a lot... but you have to come over to experience it yourself.

The Publisher
03-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Welcome Jovic!

stelarstel
03-28-2008, 08:29 AM
guys how come this thread is not alive anymore?

im stella, just got certified a month ago and i've been diving everyweek ever since! mostly in anilao. :)

who's going to the get together in anilao? :)

Socco
04-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Hi folks

Name: Graeme
Favorite dive sites: Balicasag
Certification Level: PADI Rescue & EAN

ronandfire
05-08-2008, 12:10 AM
hi,
to all divers who are going to dive in leyte or samar (explore dives), we would like to accomodate you in our guesthouse in tacloban, leyte.
we offer more outdoor activities.
for more info pls check out our site,

www.ronandfiresplace.com

cheers,
ron

maczwei
06-06-2008, 04:58 AM
Hi Stella, this is Mac from PG, do you ever try PG for diving, its also great...

The Publisher
06-06-2008, 06:45 AM
Hey Mac, welcome to the SMN Community!

I've been to Sabang 5 times now, and the last trip I then went to Anilao for 7 days.

Check out the videos here I posted here, most were shot in Sabang.

Brutus
03-10-2009, 11:13 AM
George R
PADI: AOW
Dive sites visited: Anilao, Coron Palawan, Boracay, Sorsogon this April

The Publisher
03-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Kumusta George,

I just returned from an HD video assignment in Dumaguete, Oriental Negros.

If your'e going to Sorsogon this April, hopefully you will run into the Butanding.

We're glad to have you here.

AsiaDiveParadise
04-28-2009, 05:21 AM
Name: Violet
Favorite dive sites: Siquijor, Siargao, Apo Reef, Limasawa
Certification Level: AOW PADI
Dream Dive: Mindanao and all in the Coral Triangle

rickmathew
12-17-2009, 08:50 AM
My name is rick and I have just recently join this site. I am here to interact with people and definitely get the information regarding this community. Glad to join this site.