PDA

View Full Version : Deep diving regs

Diverdaniel
03-17-2007, 01:53 PM
would anyone know how mares MR-22's are in depths over 70 (over 210 feet) meters?
got a deep one coming up.
usually use Dive Rite's and Aqua Lung's

seafox
03-17-2007, 02:18 PM
At those depths I bet my life on Poseidon Xstreams!

The Xstream second stage has a well proven construction with a number of newly developed characteristics. The inner volume, so called dead space, is small, which enables the build up of carbon dioxide to be minimized. At inhale and exhale the resistance is minimal, e.g. 0.07 Joule at inhale at 150 meters app. 495 feet depth. The exhalation diaphragm is protected by a cover that can be removed without using tools for easy access to the diaphragm. The diaphragm's position on the second stage also prevents flowing water from finding its way in to the valve.

The inner volume, so called dead space, is small, which enables the build up of carbon dioxide to be minimized.
At inhale and exhale the resistance is minimal.
The exhalation diaphragm is protected by a cover that can be removed without using tools for easy access to the diaphragm.
The diaphragm’s position on the second stage also prevents flowing water from finding its way into the valve.

Your mileage may vary!

Cornel

seasnake
03-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Although Mares regs are decent performers, I don't think the MR22 would be considered to be on their top end?

amtrosie
03-19-2007, 10:25 PM
Have dove them to 170'. Performed great. I had some one complain about CO2 build-up at depths, but I never noticed this. I suspect that he was starting to hyper-ventilate. They are a top-of-the-line product.

seasnake
03-20-2007, 01:54 PM
amtrosie, do you mean the Mares MR-22 or the Posiedon XStream?

seafox
03-20-2007, 04:40 PM

It's almost impossible to outbreath the XStream!

Cornel

seasnake
03-23-2007, 12:55 AM
Cornel, I get the distinct impression you like poseidon regs!:)

I have a Mares ... V16?? That works really well. No complaints.

seafox
03-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Cornel, I get the distinct impression you like poseidon regs!:)

I have a Mares ... V16?? That works really well. No complaints.

You know what: at 375' liking a reg doen'st cut it for me!
Trusting it does! :)

Cornel

amtrosie
03-23-2007, 04:54 PM

Yes the Mares MR-22

seasnake
03-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Yes the Mares MR-22

Yes, my Mares reg has seen probably 150' and has always worked great. Never felt like it couldn't keep up with the demand. Easy to work on, too.

Diverdaniel
06-05-2007, 10:43 PM
thanks all for the Info :)
got MR-22's. dove them to 65 meters, work great.
only thing is they arent DIR, i got no cash for MK25's+ im a mares technician :)
btw seasnake, the v-16 is a great reg, will work deeper than 150' well enough, i dont know about the Epos, never breathed off one dureing a dive :)
the XStream is a great reg but here in the country there is only one place that services them and they dont sell parts to people,l so you are forced to give the in, with Apecs aswell.
and they are highly over priced in the country as well :/