PDA

View Full Version : Which interests you more?

lars2923
03-15-2007, 10:31 PM
Not describing the reasons why, choose one subject for a video that interests you the most?

For example:

Caves and Caverns
Wrecks
Drift
Cold Water
Ice
Lakes
Marine Life (ie. Corel, Fish & Mammals, etc.)
Wrecks
You pick something.
What one video would love to see?

seafox
03-15-2007, 11:22 PM
I do both Digital Photgraphy and HD Video.
For photography I prefer reefs and marine life as there is so much variety to capture and it's so colorful.
For HD video I prefer wrecks, cause I can tell a story.

Cornel

seasnake
03-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Toss up between wrecks and marine life . . .

jeff98208
03-16-2007, 03:37 PM
i do digital photography as well. i take photos of animals and my dive buddys. if given a chance i will try my skills at wrecks and caverns.

BamaCaveDiver
03-17-2007, 06:21 PM
It would depend a lot on the location on the person doing the filming, but if all things were equal I would favor caves and caverns.

redsealovers
04-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Toss up between wrecks and marine life . . .

Wrecks my favourate

Tarek
www.redsealovers.com

Sarah
04-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Any video clip files can be uploaded into the Gallery under your name. Just upload a thumbnail image to the file.

As an example, I post the following video clip sin the ScubaMagazine Gallery:

Dive Computer Video (http://www.scubamagazine.net/photo/showphoto.php?photo=227&limit=recent)

hd2o
09-25-2007, 10:39 PM
You have to admit, and I'd bet you even enjoy decompression stops... but seriously, I can get lost watching a small chuck of coral reef. Love the big picture, but since perscription lenses I'm digging the macro in HD.
Just joined the community.
peace

Sarah
09-25-2007, 11:09 PM
Welcome hd20!

acelockco
09-25-2007, 11:25 PM
I'll pick wrecks, and I will pick wrecks again as it was listed twice in the original post.

scubajam
09-30-2007, 03:36 AM
My favorite video subject would be that which I don't have yet. And that covers a lot of territory. Right now I'd say large pelagics. Whale sharks, dolphins, humpbacks and other great whales, mantas (even though I have those). Right now I'm working hard on macro, as holding the camera steady is the greatest challenge.

Jim McGauhey
Washington State

lottie
09-30-2007, 12:57 PM
I would say "Ice", as there is no-way that I would actually dive that, but it would be nice to see a video of ice-diving and what's there.

fishome25
10-01-2007, 02:01 AM
lakessssss. sorry i need 10 characters :rolleyes:

lars2923
10-01-2007, 02:27 AM
Just stopped in to read the posts. They are all are great suggestions and
are encouraging me to continue venturing into the areas you all wrote of
things you would love to see on videos.

Keep posting your interests, whether the interest is just one or multiple types of dives.

Cheers,

Jon Shaw
02-20-2008, 06:02 AM
Love it all thats whats great about diving from the murky wrecks of the UK to sharks in Cocos to the coral in the tropics.....

The world is a wonderful place shame we are F%^$king it up!

Papa Bear
02-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Love it all thats whats great about diving from the murky wrecks of the UK to sharks in Cocos to the coral in the tropics.....

The world is a wonderful place shame we are F%^$king it up!

Maybe we should all get off? I hate this attitude! This is a home protected by many of us sitting in our warm homes watching news accounts about how "Bad we are" and if we would just give up our rights to the UN or some other Government Agency "We will be okay" "They just want to help" and "Stop driving that SUV"! We have the capability to do both, but with education we can maintain a world some of us are happy with! We live in the best of times and I know good news doesn't sell, but there is a lot of it out there! The Reef Ball group and many countries recognizing that healthy reefs means revenue for their countries are doing great things! This world will be here long after we are gone and nothing stays the same!

So I believe and like "fixing it up"! Without man here to judge it would be Venus!

littleleemur
02-21-2008, 02:58 AM
Everything -- but like Lottie, I would prefer to see something that I could/would not or that would be difficult for me to experience.

My current favourite is a tiny clip of some scuba diving done by an iceberg. Love the way the light filters through the chunky ice. Unfortunately this wasn't a real dive-video, but a PR bit done my some stupid Asian action hero trying to live up to his "image". :(

Jon Shaw
02-21-2008, 03:36 AM
Maybe we should all get off? I hate this attitude!

So I believe and like "fixing it up"! Without man here to judge it would be Venus!

You really believe that without man on earth it would be like Venus!!!! We have not been around that long and yes the earth was inhabited before humans came along.
Yes I agree that negativity isn't productive but there are very few areas that man has actually increased biodiversity. Yes there are groups trying to make a difference but the real problem is that you have a just short of 7 billion people in the world which need energy and produce waste.
I also am in the agreement that education is the key... hence why I am a lecturer in Marine Biology.

Papa Bear
02-21-2008, 03:55 AM
My point is we put value on all we survey! Without us it wouldn't matter if the planet were covered with Methane! We put value to what we do! You know that beautiful clear water is dead and yet we as divers want to see it! Nutrient laden water is not pretty, but better for the environment, as in the Pacific upwelling!

We take a billion tons of bio-mass out of the ocean each year and put treated water void of nutrients back in! The Satellite that will be shot down is a great example of how empty the world really is! We have still not achieved the Bio-mass of other species that have become modern day oil and I am sure a virus or other Pandemic will curve population at some point, but until then most "Over population" is about Geo-Political issues and not just numbers!

Remember this there are people on this planet who encourage three wives and 30 kids in order to force their will and way of life on the rest of us, who aren't the problem!

So we have to manage those things that others won't in order to sustain a grade or quality of life "We see as acceptable"!

Papa Bear
02-21-2008, 04:39 AM
Sorry for the temporary hijack, but back to the subject! I like the sense of discovery! The fact that you can be the first to see a new species or like my friend discover three new Mollusks! I love the feeling of whats around the next bend! The fact that every dive, even on the same reef, is a new dive! The fact that it is ever changing and the mystery of a freshly discovered behavior! I like the mystery of a wreck, the complexity of a cave system, the beauty of a wall, the majesty of a whale, dolphin, or shark!

What is not to like about diving? Other than the surface intervals?!!!

DrBill
03-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Marine life without question!

David White
05-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Bikinis, I like shooting video of bikinis! Or naked fish...and wrecks, as long as it is underwater. Strangely enough the camera hardly ever gets used on land.

acelockco
05-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Bikinis, I like shooting video of bikinis!

While I don't look good in a bikini (I don't think many men do look good in them), as long as the bikini models are scuba diving, then I am down. I guess it must be some nice warm water. ;)