PDA

View Full Version : Good dive site for beginning photographer.

beals007
03-09-2007, 09:38 PM
Hello, to all you new underwater shutter bugs with your new underwater digital cameras.Digital is making it easier to take some great underwater photo's now days and alot cheaper also.A great place to get some great shots is the Blue Herron bridge in Palm Beach. I have been diving South Fla. for years and never found about it untill a couple of monthes ago.I suppose alot of people were keeping it a secret to keep the dive traffic down.The only big draw back of this dive is you have to watch out for the fishermen and you can only dive it on high slack tide.Unless you bring a big anchor LOL.You also have to use a divers down flag.The fish population is amazing for the small area. and the macro shots you can get are great to. I have just posted some of my pictures from the bridge on this site and will change them up off and on.
Thats all for now fellow divers may your visibility be unlimmited,
Johnny

AlidaDiver
05-26-2007, 12:11 PM
Not sure if you were asking where is a good place for underwater photography but I have a suggestion.

I think Bonaire is perfect. Why?

Well almost every site starts off shallow (that's why it's considered a great shore diving island). It is wonderful for just hanging in the well-lit shallows and taking photos of those hard to find little underwater creatures and tropical fish.

If you've never been to Bonaire, plan a trip soon. You will be able to take lots of photos!

(I do not benefit from my recommedation. Just thought I'd give my two cents!)

samtihen
08-28-2011, 06:07 AM
For beginners, it's not a bad idea to stay shallow... the light is quite a bit easier to work with. At first, I'd focus on trying to get 2 or 3 good shots out of a whole card. Take the same scene multiple times, get the framing and exposure right. Get close.