PDA

View Full Version : Longer timeout period

lars2923
02-28-2007, 09:59 PM
I notice that when I am writing a post, when clicking on Submit New Thread, I must re-log in. What a short timeout period.. Is there a way to lengthen the timeout period..?
I never timed how long it is, but there has been enough times I had to re-log in. Perhaps I"m long winded.. perhaps I'm .. wait... there I go again..

Tanks,

Sarah
02-28-2007, 10:13 PM
Lars,

Thanks for the note, 99% of the time it is because you don't check the box "remember me" when you log in, and it's your browser that times you out.

Let us know?

seasnake
03-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Further to that . . .
I use the New Posts menu item when I visit ... I click on one on the list, go read it, reply if I want, then click on New Posts again to go back to find a new one ... but if I'm on the site too long, eventually I'll click on New Posts and it will say there are no new ones, even though I know there a bunch I haven't read. I use back on my browser, but obviously there is a timing issue there?? What do I know????

lars2923
03-01-2007, 05:29 PM
I forgot to click on Remember me. This seems to work...

Thank you so very much..
Just goes to show, ones got to be smarter than the Software one uses.

That twilight zone opening is sounding in my head...

Zero
03-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Under the Quick Links menu try Todays Posts to bring up any within the last 24 hours.

Matt

santelmo
03-02-2007, 04:52 PM
I notice that when I am writing a post, when clicking on Submit New Thread, I must re-log in. What a short timeout period.. Is there a way to lengthen the timeout period..?
I never timed how long it is, but there has been enough times I had to re-log in. Perhaps I"m long winded.. perhaps I'm .. wait... there I go again..

Tanks,

having the same issue...hahaha now i know the trick.. remember moi! :o :D