PDA

View Full Version : Glad to meet you.

gracy123
04-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Hello Everyone -

I am in the process of getting my Open Water certification from PADI, and I was looking for more information on Gear, places to go diving, and just to learn more about scuba.

So I guess this is my official "Hello"

Papa Bear
04-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Welcome to a sport that can change your life for life! Many dive into their 80s and the the world is 2/3 water.... So jump in don't be afraid to ask a question, there are no dumb questions, just stupid mistakes if you don't ask! ;)

h2odragon1
04-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Gracy;
Welcome to ScubaMagazine!
You were asking about Gear. The first piece of gear you should get should be a wetsuit. It will last a few years. BCD? try a few different and ask you dive buddies about what to look for in the type of diving you do. Reg's? you didn't say where you're from! the water temps will dictate the kind of reg's you will need for your local dives. If you are in warm water, you may never need a Cold water reg, consequently, if you live near cold water an environmentally sealed first stage would be your best investment! Computer? get one that will take you into your NEXT scuba venture!
Your best purchase should be another lesson! Buoyancy Control makes you a better diver, and Nitrox teaches the 'Science of Safe Diving'.
The order I went with, was, Wetsuit; AOW; Nitrox; Reg's,(I bought used); Computer; (I made oversea dive trips in between). The Adventure go's on!
I hope this helps you!