PDA

View Full Version : Dive travel writers wanted

Sarah
02-27-2007, 05:42 AM
We are looking to build up our dive travel and trip reports on the ScubaMagazine forum in their respective places.

If anyone can post their experiences at resorts, please use the international, regional and local forums so other divers can make dive travel choices based upon your information.

Thanks!

lars2923
02-27-2007, 11:37 PM
I'll be your first post. Since I just returned from a trip to Cozumel.
Dive House has been a favorite of mind for many years.
The staff are very friendly, experienced and accomodating.
They cater to almost any of your needs. Once they see you're diving
experience and feel confident with your abilities, the DM's will be very
generous with letting you dive deep for longer and maybe even a little deco.
(A little because they know they have to spend a longer surface interval and
that means other will have to wait. They are trying to be curtious to all.
Just let them know you went into deco. They would rather know than not)

I recommend renting the 100's for your deeper dives at the south end of the island.
Like Punta Sur (Devils Throat) which is probably one of my favorite sites.
Come out of the first hole at about 125, swim away from the coral, turn around
and enjoy the awesome view. Spectacular, breath taking.. Look back at it
and imagine how small you compare to the coral head.. It's like a flat mountain which you just popped out of one of its holes..
Other sites I enjoy and recommend you to dive are:
Santa Rosa: This is a nice wall dive, very colorful, swim throughs and lots of life..
Columbia Deep: Nice massive formations and swim throughs, colorful.. an impressive site.
Palacar Gardens: I like this one for its swim throughs.. nice...
San Francisco: Look to a large cavern, which leads to a very long passageway. Lots of fun, like imagining walking through a long hallway.. I did this alone.. peeking through cracks to see the others once in awhile.. They didn't know what they were missing. I was blessed.
Palancar Caves: Here I love the swim throughs, the valleys, cracks, lots of small life.. Look around, it's there...
There are many other sites to visit. Far sounth of the island is where it's the deepest. Sharks may be found here. The North side of the island has strong current. Experienced divers only here.. Don't push it.
There are a number of places to eat too. Get out of the main square, go back off the beaten path, where all the tourist go and you'll find some small mom and pop restaurants.. WOW... I love Mexico...