PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Long Beach SCUBA Show!

Papa Bear
12-28-2012, 03:33 PM
This year it will be held the first weekend of June and I will be there one of the days! Hope to see some of our SMN folks there ;)

Papa Bear
06-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Will be there Saturday from about 1:00pm until I lose interest! LOL I will cover it as best I can, so stay tuned, and say hi if you drop in!

Papa Bear
06-13-2013, 03:48 AM
Please be patient and I will get a report up! The Show was one of the larger ones in recent years and it was nice to see.... The Safe Mooring Foundation, Inc. (http://safemooringfoundation.org/) is really catching on and is taking a lot of my time!

The Publisher
06-18-2013, 03:21 PM
I did the An Epic Journey Into the Heart of The Coral Triangle-Cebu" on Saturday at 2 p.m. The show seemed smaller, and the Philippine Department of Tourism was a no show....

Papa Bear
06-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Well, it was way more crowded than the last few years? But you are right the companies have cut back! Many resorts sent minimum staff.... Beqa resort sent there Vegas office staff and in the past they have brought the resort manager over.... But we are all cutting back because of economic pressures! They did a good job of advertising! I will say they are making a lot of local retailers mad by offering "Show specials" and cutting out their local dealers who give away discount tickets!