PDA

View Full Version : What got you into SCUBA Diving and what keeps you coming back?

Papa Bear
12-27-2012, 02:22 AM
I spent hours on boats and surf boards looking down into the water and always wanted to be a part of a big adventure! Years of Mike Nelson and Sea Hunt got me in and the Cousteau years kept me earning for more adventures that I could be a part of and SCUBA was less expensive than some other options! I would hit the beach with Surfboard, SCUBA Gear, or with my Jeep! One way or another it was going to be an adventurous day, if the surf wasn't running you dive, if the surf was too big you surfed, if it was blown out go for an offroad adventure or explore a little on land ;)

I always met great people diving and surfing, I even made some life long friends, and those are hard to come by..... SCUBA is a part of my life and there is always a new adventure on every trip either locally of a half way around the world :) So much of the adventure is social with the people your diving with and the locals! I have met locals who I count as friends and been a part of adventures that have been truly amazing and know of no other activity where this would be possible for the dollars spent! So much of what I have done is priceless! ;)

h2odragon1
12-27-2012, 08:28 PM
In 2002 while in Boracay in the Philippines, my wife bought me a discover scuba from one of the many dive shops. I think it was to get me out of the way for her to go shopping with our daughter and grandchildren. I liked it soo much, that I finished the lessons before the end of the week! Took AOW when we got back home!
Just give me 20 feet of water, and a full tank!

Papa Bear
12-28-2012, 03:41 AM
Very cool, now your hooked and you realize how much ocean there is and you haven't seen yet! It is addictive and so many places to get a fix! ;) That was a great gift from your stand point, but she might have created a dive vacation widow?

h2odragon1
01-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Papa B-- she was not a scuba widow.I paid for her lessons, and she got her cert. in Puerto Galera Philippines in 2005. We have been dive partners ever since! Economics have kept us out of the water recently, but we hope to get back in soon!

Papa Bear
01-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Ya, I have heard that a LOT! I have been cut in half for the number of dives on a yearly bases! Glad you have diving in common, it is a great way to see the world, and share your experiences ;)

mariasam
07-23-2013, 05:40 AM
I like it very much thanks for sharing this information with us….:) :violin: