PDA

View Full Version : Hello.

Finless
02-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Hi, my names is Bryan or, so no one gets to know my real name, Finless - so called because I once leapt off a boat in Scapa Flow without my fins.

I'm PADI RD with 3 or 4 ........ maybe 5 specialities and TDI AdvEANx and Deco.

I live on the South Coast of England and dive wrecks in the English Channel.

gobfish1
02-25-2007, 09:14 PM
hi big boy , :D

Sarah
02-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Hi Finless and welcome! Don't you mean the poltiically correct; "Fin Challenged"?! ;)

You Brits have quite a reputation in other parts of the world of being hardcore divers.

Anyway, glad to have you!

Finless
02-25-2007, 10:04 PM
hi big boy , :D

It's a small world! BTW, what country am I 'in'? In fact, what continent?

Finless
02-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Hi Finless and welcome! Don't you mean the poltiicalyl correct; "Fin Challenged"?! ;)

You Brits have quite a reputation in other parts of the world of being hardcore divers.

Anyway, glad to have you!

Really? Why? Because of our fantastic in water vis?

I'm usually no deeper than 40 mtrs and don't mind a bit of accelerated deco .......... but not to much because it's usually cold and bloody boring.

It'd be nice if we had your seas over here in the UK - I'd do a lot more diving as shore dives would be worth doing?

Zero
02-26-2007, 08:28 AM
G'day and welcome aboard Finless. Buy a DPV and no one will give you any hassle about fins or lack there of.

Matt

Finless
02-26-2007, 10:33 AM
G'day and welcome aboard Finless. Buy a DPV and no one will give you any hassle about fins or lack there of.

Matt

I had seriously considered buying one but for a large part of the year we are glad to get a couple of mtrs vis. It'll be like driving in really thick fog ........ do you get fog?

2 weeks ago my mate went for a boat dive off Dover and at 14 mtrs it was pitch black and he could only see a couple of inches. Fortunately, when we do get a good summer the vis can be awesome and is all the more appreciated because of all the bad days.

Zero
02-26-2007, 10:59 AM
But you can always turn it around and blow the junk out of the way on a wreck to find some nice trinkets. Who cares about the vis then.

Matt

jeff98208
02-26-2007, 02:01 PM
welcome finless. that is one thing i'd love to get into is wreck diving.

Finless
02-26-2007, 04:02 PM
welcome finless. that is one thing i'd love to get into is wreck diving.

I have to admit my interest wanes if it isn't rusty and pointy and covered in nets .............. actually, I could do without the nets.

There are hundreds of wrecks off the Sussex coast.

Gonedivin
02-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Hi Finless

I think I've seen you on Divernet.. This site does seem a lot less hostile!! :rolleyes:

jeff98208
02-27-2007, 02:18 PM
nice! i just need to learn how to do it though first.:)

Finless
02-27-2007, 09:25 PM
nice! i just need to learn how to do it though first.:)

Unless you are doing penetration dives it is just like diving a metal reef. Just watch our for sharp, pointy and nets.

I'm not a fish prodder and get bored quite quickly unless there's a wreck!