PDA

View Full Version : Hey from Georgia

dalehall
02-25-2007, 12:01 AM
Hey Y'all..
Was prompted to come here from another Scuba Forum.. Nice forum here... I'll be sticking around..
I'm PADI AOW and will be finishing up my Rescue Diver course on 1 April. After that, it's straight into Divemaster training. Got into diving after a Discover Scuba excursion in St. Maarten back in 2005. After those 30 minutes, I knew I had found my new love. I'm here to learn as much as I can about all aspects of diving and, hopefully, pass along any little bit of info I may have that can help a newer diver...

Sarah
02-25-2007, 12:43 AM
Did you say St. Marrten?!

If you do another rescue class there, if airfare & hotel are paid for, I will volunteer to be the desginated victim!

Welcome Dale!

:) Sarah

dalehall
02-25-2007, 12:51 AM
St. Maarten was nice.. Well, the diving was.. The locals accosting you as you walk through the main entrance into the city of Phillipsburg, I could go with out.
Unfortunately, my rescue class dives will be done in a quarry here in Mid Georgia. I take it, with that information, your volunteer status has just been resigned?? ;)

Sarah
02-25-2007, 02:08 AM
I've made a miraculous recovery!

;)

dalehall
02-25-2007, 02:52 AM
LOL..
Oh well.. I'll keep you in mind for my next Caribbean Adventure. :D

Zero
02-25-2007, 07:25 AM
G'day Dale and welcome abaord. How about i volunteer? Doesnt matter if its cold or dark ill dive anywhere. My only advice would be take it slowly with the DM course and get to know your own diving before you are put into a situation with someone elses diving. How do you deal with a free flowing reg on a dive where someone is lost and everyone is cold at the same time? May never happen but sometimes things do go wrong.

Matt

dalehall
02-25-2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks Matt..
I think I'd rather come and dive where you are. :)
Yeah, I'm all about "learning." The only reason I say "right into Divemaster" is because I've been waiting 9 months for my Rescue dives. I did all my bookwork, paperwork, tests, etc last year, but my LDS cancelled the two Rescue dive classes they had scheduled because I was the only one signed up. (Because of a deal I have with them, they couldn't do a private class) So, I've had to wait until they had enough people to warrant a class. Which I finally get in March. I've already been doing my internship as my instructor's "Safety Diver" and been helping him with his classes sine last summer. I just can't "officially" be in Divemaster training until I get that Rescue cert.

Zero
02-26-2007, 08:23 AM
Thanks Matt..
I think I'd rather come and dive where you are. :)

Not at the moment. You would probably have warmer and clearer water in a Quarrey. But your always welcome to come see for yourself.

Matt