PDA

View Full Version : Singapore

Gonedivin
02-23-2007, 04:04 PM
I may have the opportunity to work in Singapore in the near future, and of course the first thing i thought of was, are there any good dive sites or clubs in the area?

If anyone's got any info on the area or where the best places to dive are, I'd love to hear from you..

Thanks

littleleemur
12-04-2007, 03:44 AM
Not sure if you're already over there yet.

Diving in Singapore is usually a weekend affair as you travel over to Malaysia to do it.

You hop on a mini-bus/van with your gear Friday evening and try to take a nap on the drive to the border/ferry terminal/dock. Then you hop onto one of the ferries/boats and try to nap on your way to Malaysia. You wake up early morning and transfer to the charter boat/liveaboard which would take you out to the dive site in a few hours. You do about 4-5 dives and do the journey in reverse again arriving home sometime on Sunday. Alternatively there are 3-4 day liveaboards you can hop on directly from Singapore but they are much more expensive. Most Singaporeans go over to Malaysia for both liveaboard & weekend diving.

There are really affordable weeklong liveaboards deals at all price points you can get for Indonesia, Thailand and Malaysia from Singapore. A few years ago, some charters were advertising a SG dollar a dive!

If you need more info msg me :)

LeAnne
10-20-2008, 01:35 AM
maybe you wan to try singapore dive sites? Pulau Hantu, sister island and some other places

be warn~ the vis can be bad (worse I had was 30 cm XD) and current can be very challenging but I kinda like it here.. The Macros here are good for nudi hunters.