PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the South Pacific

carpinchous
02-23-2007, 01:00 AM
Hello all. I currently live in Samoa and will be out here for a few years. Its nice. Always wanted to follow through and do SCUBA. Well Iam here and it would be stupid not to I say.
I talked my wife into getting certified with me. We went out last month in January to do it, it was nice. However I did find out one thing, I get see sick. I did well the first two open water dives. The last two were out past the lagoon by a little island. We were just on a large inflatable and when we stopped to put on our gear the waves were making me horribly sick. I quickly suited up and when rolled off the boat. Once under as some of you know, you are fine. The dive was beautiful and it was nice to be able have my wife their to share it with. The dive came to an end. As we ascended and I surfaced I immediately grasped my regulator out of my mouth to start chumming for fish as I vomited and vomited then I did it a little more. My wife watched and knew she didn't need to ask questions. Half way out to the second site they stopped to ask how I was doing. At that point I leaned over the boat to do more chumming, that answered their question. We went back to the lagoon where it was nicer water and took a break and did a different dive.
With that experience I didn't have the desires to go back. I was reminded all dives are not going to go well. I also remembered if I want to reach my goals I need to dive.
Last Monday I went out to do two more dives. One in the same place and the other a little past. This time I took some dremamine. It helped with the first dive, felt fine. A little quisy on the 2nd. Went well all together. Its all good I say. I am excited to go out and do my deep dive this Saturday and two other dives. This time I will be taking promethazine to see if that helps any.
Vis is great, water is like warm bath water. Its nice. Needless to say I am hooked on it now.
Take the good with the bad.

Sarah
02-23-2007, 01:17 AM
I hear the scopalmomine skin patch works better.

Welcome!

Zero
02-23-2007, 06:00 AM
G'day and welcome aboard carpinchous

Matt