PDA

View Full Version : Classes at Rogers Rock

Charon
08-17-2011, 02:43 PM
Well I did it. I signed up for the Albany Aquanaut Invitational at Rogers Gock, Lake George, NY. Runs Thursday September 8th through Monday September 12th. Air fills on site. Catered dinner Saturday evening. Dive your ass off.

At that time I'm also taking Navigation, Night, and Deep courses. I can't wait. We have our own separate area of the campground. My biggest problem will be working through the two SDI textbooks in the time remaining. I'm studying them every spare minute I get.

The Publisher
08-17-2011, 11:38 PM
I will bet you'll have a blast though!

lars2923
08-21-2011, 03:15 PM
If you never dove Lake George, you'll like it.
War relics, Boats and other goodies found in the shallows (like 30-40 foot range) amoungst the other goodies and deamons waiting just behind the next hydrilla...

Have fun.

Charon
08-22-2011, 01:44 PM
If you never dove Lake George, you'll like it.

The only tme I dove Lake George was when I certified. That was at Hearthstone. There were at least 3-4 different dive operations doing open water certification and a bunch of swimmers stiring everything up. The vis really sucked.

On our last cert dive the people ahead of my buddy and I swam into the bottom and everything went black. Lost the group and lost my buddy. I waited and thought - I'm supposed to surface after a minute BUT if I surface I fail cert. E'ff that. Luckily, I found my buddy, led him to the group and completed the dive.

Becasue of that I never ventured back. I'm hoping that Roger's Rock won't be that way. I've been told that LG is the only place worth diving in this area. I've done some diving in Saratoga, done volunteer diving for milfoil remediation in Brant Lake, but haven't found anyplace that's been really clear.

Recently I was told that Champlain was really clear because of the zebra mussles. Same for the St. Lawrence. Both are a bit of a trip for me, though I could do Champlain in a day. I just have no idea where I could get some good shore diving in at either destination.

Charon
08-25-2011, 04:22 PM
You can go for another country for your job.. You can work as a driver. Sometime you will get a driving training. It will be a nice chance to your life..
How ever you have to get visa before you go there.............

Dude,

Think you replied to the wrong thread.

The Publisher
08-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Charon, that was a spammer. We get a global visas spammer signup about once a week, they get banned quick.

Charon
08-27-2011, 12:57 PM
I should have known.