PDA

View Full Version : Java to Sulawesi flight crash

Admin
01-02-2007, 11:56 PM
It has been reported that a 737 flight out of Java flying to North Sulawesi area which is where the famed dive sites of Bankga, Gangaa and the Lembeh Srtraights area are has crashed, killing almost everyone on board.

Reportedly there were those on dive vacations killed including some Americans.

Our condolences, thoughts and prayers go out to the injured survivors and the families of those whove lost loved ones.

allisonfinch
01-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Yes, terrible tradgedy. I will be flying to Sulawesi in 18 days. Hope our flight has better results.

Jason Ooi
01-12-2007, 01:57 AM
My condolences, pray... God blessing all of the victims

amtrosie
01-12-2007, 02:35 PM
I am VERY familiar with this country. A word of advise if I may. One, keep in mind that de-regulation came to the industry in 1990. What that means is that numerous low cost carriers have hit the market. The regulatory oversight is not what is known elsewhere. I would strongly encourage travelers to use the national carrier "Garuda". They have a better trck record.....notice I said BETTER, not good. Their rescources are significantly better. They used to use a lot of current military pilots, I suspect that to still be the case. Next, when there CHILL, CHILL, and CHILL again. They have their preconceptions of Americans......and rightly so. Your patience will be it's own reward. Lastly, enjoy the spectacular diving, it is worth any and all the hassles!!!!