PDA

View Full Version : Chatterton/Kohler Banquet in SoCal 2/24

SoCalDiveGirl
02-22-2007, 05:22 AM
For the (few) people around here that haven't heard about it, here's the info about the banquet if anyone is interested in attending.....

http://cawreckdivers.org/banquet.htm

John Chatterton and Richie Kohler, hosts of the television series Deep Sea Detectives, will speak at our next Annual Banquet. Chatterton and Kohler are veteran shipwreck explorers and completed over 50 episodes of the History Channel series. The diving duo will share a wide array of shipwreck adventures, including their research and dives on notable wrecks as the Titanic, Brittanic, the U-869, and others. Don't miss this exciting presentation!

CWD's Annual Banquet will be held 5:30 PM, February 24, 2007

seasnake
02-22-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm just reading Shadow Divers now! What a great opportunity to hear them speak. Too bad it's on the other side of the continent . . . :(

SoCalDiveGirl
02-22-2007, 10:20 PM
I'm just reading Shadow Divers now! What a great opportunity to hear them speak. Too bad it's on the other side of the continent . . . :(

What time should I pick you up at the airport? :D

seasnake
02-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Feb 23 at 8:50 PM ... American Flight # 2152 ... just kidding . . . ;)

You tempt me though! :) But that would mean I'd have to finish reading the book by next week. That's just too much pressure . . . :D

Gonedivin
02-23-2007, 03:29 PM

I've just started the book myself!.. And I wouldn't mind going either, but it's the other side of the world for me! :(

seasnake
02-23-2007, 05:21 PM
No worries Gonedivin ... SoCalDiveGirl is putting us up ... :D

Zero
02-25-2007, 09:45 AM
How did it all go?
Just so you guys can finish up reading John Chatterton is coming out here for Oztek in March so gives you plenty of time to read, book flights and accomadation:D

Matt

SoCalDiveGirl
02-26-2007, 07:54 AM
How did it all go?
Just so you guys can finish up reading John Chatterton is coming out here for Oztek in March so gives you plenty of time to read, book flights and accomadation:D

Matt

Great guys-- very funny and very "real". The presentation centered on their Brittanica expedition, off the coast of Greece @ about 400fsw. They showed a 15 min preview of the upcoming documentary (Britannica) that will be airing on the Discovery Channel in the upcoming months- it went through the logistics of planning that dive, which was quite interesting. There were no dive shops or anything of the sort anywhere near that location so they had to transport ALL of the equipment for 12 (I think) tech divers, including compressors! Through it all, they seemed to maintain a sense of humor and in the end, it was all worth the trouble- the footage was amazing!

They also discussed their "dive" to the Titanic via the Mir submersible (how awesome is that !!), and showed footage from that also. They took questions from the guests and never missed a beat when it came to knowledge and humor. They did say that the movie- Shadow Divers- is still in the works but has a new director, and the actors have the scripts in hand.. so we'll see what happens with that..

If you get a chance to go see these guys, then by all means, GO!

My pic with the guys:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c283/SoCalDiveGirl/24FebDSD034.jpg?t=1172480056

Zero
02-26-2007, 08:20 AM
All the stories about the Brittanic sound hair raising. It would be an awesome site to see.
I just hope at Oztek John isnt talking when someone else is or they do a second presentation just in case.

Matt

seasnake
02-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Hmmm ... so I guess it's too late to get an audition for the "Shadow Divers" movie, huh?

SoCalDiveGirl
02-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Hmmm ... so I guess it's too late to get an audition for the "Shadow Divers" movie, huh?

They did mention that they thought Meatloaf and Danny DeVito would be the perfect actors to portray them.. hehehe :D

seasnake
02-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Hmmmmmm .... I haven't got the hair for Meatloaf ... but I could probably pass for Danny Devito! :)