PDA

View Full Version : How many courses in a row is too much?

JaneMitchell
05-05-2011, 05:28 AM
I live in Victoria, Australia where it's currently heading into winter. I want to do my TDI advanced nitrox, deco procedures and potentially extended range. Since the weather can be pretty fickle here I have been thinking about doing the courses overseas where the diving is easier and the weather is more reliable.

I know I can do advanced nitrox and deco proecedures together but does anyone have opinions about following those two up with extended range as soon as possible? I figure if I can do one trip that would be ideal.

lars2923
05-05-2011, 09:02 AM
If you are spot on with your abilities after going through advanced nitrox and deco proecedures, might as well continue. The way I see it, they all go hand in hand.

acelockco
05-06-2011, 03:32 AM
I would say it really depends on your abilities and your compatibility with your instructor. If you find someone that you can really connect with, you will surely have a much better chance of absorbing the information presented to you. On the other hand, if you can't fully understand them because of language differences, or any of the other many reasons it could prove to be difficult.

In my opinion, I would sign up for one class and go from there. If you like what you get for your money, by all means go for the rest of your classes. It surely would suck big time if you spent a bunch of money for 3 classes only to find out that you are unable to learn what they are trying to teach.

Just my 2 cents.