PDA

View Full Version : Sub Gear XP10

EGIBB
04-03-2011, 06:34 PM
I just bought this dive computer and tested it out in a pool the other night. I read in the manual that once you are below 3 ft it should start recording everything. When I was at 10 ft, everything on my computer read 0 and would not change.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Do I have one of the settings wrong?

Thanks

The Publisher
04-03-2011, 06:55 PM
We'll get a proper answer for you.....

EGIBB
04-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Great thanks

acelockco
04-04-2011, 08:09 AM
There is a setting for turning the "water contacts" on or off. It is on page 33 of the users manual. The default setting from the factory should be on, but as with a lot of scuba gear shops may only have one unit in stock at any given time so maybe it was switched off while showing the unit to a potential customer.

The possibility also exists that you have a defective unit. I would first make sure that you check the settings, second step would be a call to the manufacturer.

EGIBB
04-05-2011, 01:16 AM
Thanks. I did make sure the water contacts were on and did see that work once I hit the water. The screen did adjust to show the depth and time, etc. but just never changed from zeros. I will try and call manufacturer now.

Thanks!!

acelockco
04-05-2011, 06:01 AM
It would be great if you could let us know what the manufacturer says and the outcome.

Ace

EGIBB
04-06-2011, 12:57 AM
Yes I will post the information I get.

EGIBB
04-12-2011, 01:14 AM
I was told that even though the water contact setting is set to ON you still need to turn the computer on before entering the water.

I thought that the computer would turn on and operate as needed with this setting set to ON but I guess not.

I will be trying it out again next week in Honduras so I will let you know if that actually works.

acelockco
04-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Cool. I am sure it will work perfectly.

ENJOY YOUR VACATION!!!!!

Please try to post some photos (above and/or below the water)