PDA

View Full Version : Shangri-La Divers????

Babydamulag
01-02-2007, 09:37 PM
WHere does that come from? It seems that we should follow suit of an existing name or club that is known....thoughts??

jonix
01-03-2007, 12:26 AM
isn't Shangri-La more associated with Singapore?

anyways, any suggestions? Paradise is my top choice but maybe...

Philippine Islands Divers

maybe we could do a poll once we have enough filipinos or pi diving non-pinoys here

Sarah
01-03-2007, 12:51 AM
Jonix, the poll is a great idea....but you're right, we need some more pinoys and pinays (did I get my Tagalog right?!) to join and make the P.I. Forum exactly what you want.

Jason Ooi
01-03-2007, 02:08 AM
isn't Shangri-La more associated with Singapore?

anyways, any suggestions? Paradise is my top choice but maybe...

Philippine Islands Divers

maybe we could do a poll once we have enough filipinos or pi diving non-pinoys here

I suggest PPD , is the best:)

jonix
01-03-2007, 03:36 AM
I suggest PPD , is the best:)

hahahahahahaha! bad! :D

Diver Dennis
01-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Well, my favorite hotel in Manila is Shangri La Makati...;)

I like the Philippine Island Divers much more.

RebreatherDave
01-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Another board uses the term paradise, so some other name would be better.

Sarah
01-23-2007, 05:11 PM
We're considering creating a subforum for our Pinoy and Pinay friends who can converse in Tagalog.

We don't want to use the exact same name as another forum, and besides, referring to our Pilipino friends as "pasaways" which I think means lazy is not how we want to honor our friends.

Anyone have some suggestions on a native speaking forum name that is fun, young, and reflects positively?

The issues with called the forum Philippine Island Divers is that is just a geographical description. Some word other then the already used "Paradise" that would reflect on just what a fantastic place to visit, make great friends and do some incredable diving, would be more fitting. Thoughts?

Diver Dennis
02-10-2007, 04:03 AM
Why does it matter if another board uses that name. I like Paradise.

Sarah
02-11-2007, 10:09 PM
We'd love to have more Pinoys and Pinays and increase participation in this particular forum, so we're working on getting out the word and we could use everyone's help, although another board apparently is so deathly paranoid of us they have banned out ScubaMagazine name so you can't even type it and have it render.

deep flight
02-12-2007, 03:30 AM
We're considering creating a subforum for our Pinoy and Pinay friends who can converse in Tagalog.

We don't want to use the exact same name as another forum, and besides, referring to our Pilipino friends as "pasaways" which I think means lazy is not how we want to honor our friends.

Anyone have some suggestions on a native speaking forum name that is fun, young, and reflects positively?

The issues with called the forum Philippine Island Divers is that is just a geographical description. Some word other then the already used "Paradise" that would reflect on just what a fantastic place to visit, make great friends and do some incredable diving, would be more fitting. Thoughts?

How about "PARAISO DIVERS"? it's the local term for paradise. it's filipino in every sense. . .this way you don't have to attach philippine to the paraiso. . .just say paraiso and it speaks filipino all the way. we can even call it filipino paraiso divers if you want double redundancy

Sarah
02-12-2007, 03:35 AM
Well, the issue with that is English speakers might not make the connection with paraiso meaning paradise. As to Taglog speakers, we of course created the Tropang Maninisid Forum.

I figured paraiso meant paradise right away, so it might be a good idea. I think we need more input from others....

Keep in mind that the purpose of this particular forum is to expose those who have not been diving in the Philippines to just how world class and a better value the Philippines are, and perhaps Paradise (compared to Paraiso) or Shangri-La are better recognized English words for, well, paradise!

Thoughts?

deep flight
02-12-2007, 03:42 AM
btw, there's already a group here established by that name. philippine paradise divers. i know 2 of them. i'll try to invite them to this forum for a looksy.

anybody from the thread a member of PPD?

jonix
02-20-2007, 11:48 AM
btw, there's already a group here established by that name. philippine paradise divers. i know 2 of them. i'll try to invite them to this forum for a looksy.

ehem i'm ppd myself :D

Mampsa
02-22-2007, 11:06 PM
..I see at least 3 guys here that are members of PPD...

jonix
02-23-2007, 12:33 AM
..I see at least 3 guys here that are members of PPD...

like you :D

might as well add jason, babyD & diver dennis hehehe

jonix
02-23-2007, 12:35 AM

you know matthew already. who's the other ppd you know pards?

Sarah
02-23-2007, 01:19 AM
Matt Reed, General Manager of Atlantis Sabang (http://www.atlantishotel.com/puertogalera/resort/index.htm) and he is already a member here. :)

jonix
02-23-2007, 07:46 AM
Matt Reed, General Manager of Atlantis Sabang (http://www.atlantishotel.com/puertogalera/resort/index.htm) and he is already a member here. :)

is mr. reed here? nice. hi matt wherever you are & again congrats on the baby ;)

Babydamulag
04-07-2007, 05:16 AM
How are doing on the name change thing?

Admin
04-07-2007, 05:53 AM
Mabuhay BDL,

We are not sure yet if the name was created by SB or Pinays and Pinoys.

Until then, we want to extend a professional courtesy to SB unless we find out if it was publication created or Pinay and Pinay created.

We actually conducted a poll here awhile ago and the non-definitive consensus was it was publisher created, not Pilipino created.

deep flight
05-07-2007, 07:53 AM
you know matthew already. who's the other ppd you know pards?

that would be glenda. i was with her yesterday diving verde island. awesome! viz, sealife. . . everything!!!

jonix
05-10-2007, 09:49 PM
that would be glenda. i was with her yesterday diving verde island. awesome! viz, sealife. . . everything!!!

ah yes glenda