PDA

View Full Version : Nautical Archaeological Society Intro Course

Okeanos
03-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Last Saturday I did the Nautical Archaeological Society's Introduction to Foreshore and Underwater Archaeology Course. A basic course but one I enjoyed a lot. I've put a little about it on my site if anyones is interested - NAS Intro Course (http://www.atlanticscuba.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=277&Itemid=28)

I have signed up for the Part I in 7 weeks time. Part II is project based and we have a cannon site locally that I can use, it has never been surveyed before as it is a 'local secret'. So that will be my Pt II.

Part III is a module based course where you do 6 modules, if you score 100 points you pass.

Part IV involves a lot of working and ends up producing a paper to publication standards, a bit beyond my level of interest :D

The Publisher
03-02-2011, 01:58 AM
I always got a kick out of my UK mates and their tech/wreck stuff.....I think they're quite hard core compared to those across the pond.

Okeanos
03-02-2011, 10:44 PM
I always got a kick out of my UK mates and their tech/wreck stuff.....I think they're quite hard core compared to those across the pond.
Hard Core! I'm a lightweight :) Only spent 3.5 hours in water today, it was 9C but the vis was good.

Having a meeting on Sunday with some mates, gonna be planning some of our summer dives for one local area. I want to do 3 particular wrecks in the 60m range and 2 in the 50m range. Unless AP can find some cells they'll be on single cylinders, maybe even on air. Not sure how good my pics will be at 60m on air!