PDA

View Full Version : Housing for Nikon D70s

bojimbs
02-21-2007, 03:00 AM
Greetings everyone,

Can anyone recommend a good housing for the Nikon D70s. Would appreciate specific inputs, like weight, balance, access to all the the camera's features, etc. etc.

Peace all

jonix
02-21-2007, 03:55 AM
Greetings everyone,

Can anyone recommend a good housing for the Nikon D70s. Would appreciate specific inputs, like weight, balance, access to all the the camera's features, etc. etc.

Peace all

try ********.com look for mike veitch

imp
02-21-2007, 07:19 AM
Hi Bojimbs,
I 've used the sea&sea housing for D70s and it works really great.. nice feel and ease of accessing the control button. Do let me know if you need help in getting one...I've got contact in Singapore with the Sea &sea dealers.

bojimbs
02-28-2007, 05:00 AM
@jonix

uh, is that for real? ******.com. or did the mod edit that. hmmmmm. maybe a pm? thanks bud

@imp

thanks for the info. i've had some bad experiences with sea & sea. but who knows, maybe i may change my mind.

Sarah
02-28-2007, 05:33 AM
Some boards have banned our board name so we responded in kind where the forum software automatically does that.

We're ok with "SB'ers or WP.

We think it is all silly, but hey, we didn't start it! lol

allisonfinch
03-01-2007, 11:46 PM
Some boards have banned our board name so we responded in kind where the forum software automatically does that.

We're ok with "SB'ers or WP.

We think it is all silly, but hey, we didn't start it! lol
:(

I'm sorry to see this kind of "pettiness". I'm sorry this board is playing it too. It would have been nice to have taken the "higher" road.:mad:

Warren_L
03-08-2007, 01:24 PM
With the D80 out, you should be able to find a good deal on a D70 housing. Ikelite make a great housing. I have one for my D70. I also use Aquatica as well for my other dSLR, which I love. www.ikelite.com (http://www.ikelite.com) and www.aquatica.ca (http://www.aquatica.ca). You might also want to check out ebay as some housings come up periodically. There was an Ike setup there just this past week.

tonyliuliu
03-11-2007, 10:45 AM
I use an ikelite for my D70s, i have been shooting with it for the last 2 years or so. I really like it. If you want to, you can check out my album at flickr, member name tonyliuliu

I am also looking to upgrade and wouldn't mind if someone take my housing off my hands. If you want more information, please shoot me an email.

rickcavanaugh
12-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Subal and Sea and Sea are the best housings. Subal is the most expensive.

I have not owned a Ikelite housing in years, but many years ago, the controls were not easy to operate. Trying to adjust f stop and speed quickly in manual mode was very difficult.

I own 2 subal housings and they are wonderful.

With the D300 out, people will be upgrading to it so there will be quite a few d70 housings available soon.

hbh2oguard
12-06-2007, 08:09 PM
I use an ikelite for my D70s, i have been shooting with it for the last 2 years or so. I really like it. If you want to, you can check out my album at flickr, member name tonyliuliu

I am also looking to upgrade and wouldn't mind if someone take my housing off my hands. If you want more information, please shoot me an email.

Very nice collection. I still find it hard that boats that big are launched from shore.

BillGraham
01-01-2008, 06:29 PM
I use the Aquatica housing with my D-70. All of the functions and menus work underwater and the controls are big enough to use with thick gloves. It's also rated to 300 feet, I believe, which is an issue with some of the other manufacturers.