PDA

View Full Version : Underwater Video Stock Footage

klemens Gann
01-06-2011, 04:51 AM
Instead of using the common procedure of selling single underwater clips, our stock footage is distributed as a collection of 12 underwater clips, each with a minimum playtime of 30 seconds assembled on a DVD. There are many DVD's to choose from, scenery shots, animals, coral reefs, artistic underwater scenes...
The DVD's can be purchased at: www.worldnaturevideo.com/underwater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwioDqCYqUQ

Jon Shaw
02-02-2011, 09:52 PM
I've thought about doing this a few times, have you guys sold many?

klemens Gann
02-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Hi Jon,
I just started with this and I'm not only loading the underwater stuff, but also try to put up as much footage from topside as I can. So the collection is still quite small and we haven't advertised it. So I think this will really take time till we get proper sales, we had some but nothing worth talking about so far. We also thought about this for a long time but never got around it as it is so much work and the upload speed from the Philippines is just ridicules.
Regards, Klemens

The Publisher
02-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Yes, someone needs to come up with a good stock footage solution for us underwater videographers.

Hey Klemens, any thresher sharks or sardines at Pescador?

klemens Gann
02-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Hi Dave,
there is a few stock footage sites, I think www.oceanfootage.com is the biggest, but I was never interested to pay just for having my footage displayed there and then wait for the commission for their sales. What good is a frogfish shot if it sits on their site with 500 similar shots?
So it took us some time to do it by ourselves, at least we have the control over it and can do it our way.
The sardines are still there, but thresher sharks haven't been seen since a month. At the moment we drowning in rain.
Take care.

The Publisher
02-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Yeah, I just shot a production in Southern Leyte via Cebu and some of Cebu City and Mandaue was quite flooded which really sped up traffic, lol.

I think that was the hardest rain I have ever experienced....it was actually fun aside from the problems it caused for others.

I know about Oceanfootage.