PDA

View Full Version : Mares Prestige 12

acelockco
09-15-2010, 07:08 PM
So, I had a class canceled at the local dive shop and couldn't make any of the remaining classes for the year due to scheduling problems. After a bit of debate I was given a credit for the class toward a purchase.

I have been looking for a new dive computer for a while now, but I didn't see anything I liked at the shop. I have also been contemplating having my regulator serviced vs buying a new one. The regulator I currently own is a Cressi XS regulator which is very entry level and old school looking. It has always worked fine for me, but I don't think it is worth more then the cost to service it with the parts needed.

Looking at the prices of regulators almost gave me a heart attack, but I was pleased to find a Mares Prestige 12 regulator marked down by $125. The price was not bad for a dive shop, basically the same as I could get it online but from a store with the proper warranty and such.

I am leaving for Florida this weekend to dive the Grouper congregation going on right now. I can't wait to test out my new regulator and to see 40-50 Goliath Groupers all in one place. I am sure the new regulator is going to be a major improvement over my 1990's style regulator. I already am pleased with the fact that the second stage is MUCH lighter then what I am already using.

Anyone else using or have used this regulator or a Mares regulator please chime in with your thoughts. I know this is a fairly basic regulator, but I think it will work perfectly for the type of diving it is going to see.