PDA

View Full Version : Last footage of the Thresher Sharks visiting Pescador Island

klemens Gann
07-15-2010, 10:39 PM
ScubaMagazine.net- UNDERWATER DVD portrays Thresher Sharks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhtQkOlwipA)

klemens Gann
07-15-2010, 10:41 PM
Hi Ace,
sightings of thresher sharks getting less, so here is the last footage I got on camera, closer as promised.
Enjoy

The Publisher
07-16-2010, 12:36 AM
That was all quite a run!

acelockco
07-17-2010, 01:18 AM
Hi Ace,
sightings of thresher sharks getting less, so here is the last footage I got on camera, closer as promised.
Enjoy

Thanks Klem, great as always!

klemens Gann
07-17-2010, 02:54 AM
Hi Ace, my pleasure. I'm sorry that they gone and not more people can enjoy them. But we should not forget that they are a pelagic species. I guess we've been blessed with having them around for such a long time and I'm glad for the video opportunity they gave me.
We finally found some Pygmy seahorses in the area, so this will be my next project which takes a while as they are very hard to film. But I will come up with something in the next weeks.
So long Klemens

acelockco
07-18-2010, 12:51 AM
You know I will be waiting to see what you come up with. You never seem to disappoint!

The Publisher
07-18-2010, 01:08 AM
Oh, thanks to you Klemens, now many more will get to enjoy them forever, and all this helps put Moaboal on the map which brings eco tourism in which means jobs.

Footage like you have shot is part of what goes into eventually making magnificent creatures worth more to humans alive then dead just like they have done with whale sharks in Donsol and thresher sharks in Malapascua, and people like you deserve credit for that.

klemens Gann
07-19-2010, 05:11 AM
Thanks Dave,
you are right it takes a lot of heart and so much time till things work out, eco tourism and marine protection wise, especially in the Philippines. But I guess we all add a small part to it with what we do and hopefully this leads somewhere at the end.

I just added your site here under visit our info center:

http://www.worldphotolocations.com/locationindex.phtml?parent_id=1070608182042&category_id=1261742253827

I posted a thread already about the site and invited photographers to just send me their stories and 3 pictures so I could add their stories on this site, but I got 0 response. Maybe I have to try it here with the video guys.
Have a look once yourself at the site and let me know what you think, maybe you would like to add some stories. The advantage is that in the photographer's profile I can set links to the photographers website, so this is a big benefit for anyone who would like to write something there. If you like it maybe you can post it so it gets more attention. And I invite anybody who likes to publish something here. So thanks for that already.