PDA

View Full Version : mini-wreck

ljj
07-08-2010, 06:17 AM
and that scooter with flowers on it took me for a nice spin today... I was invited on this little dive by one of our intrepid explorers Chris Borgen and was thrilled by the cute little wreck that awaited us...

YouTube- mini-wreck (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUIo1YVx-tw)

acelockco
07-09-2010, 07:13 AM
Was that in some type of protected waters? Just wondering why there are still portholes intact on the wreck. In my neck of the woods those portholes would be long gone. If it is not in protected waters, bring a heavy hammer and a chisel next time.

ljj
07-10-2010, 07:41 AM
we don't have the sheer volume of wrecks you have, so generally speaking our wreckers leave things... its taken years of peer pressure (starting back in the early 90's) to convince peeps to not salvage. having been one of the first recreational divers on our deep wrecks, i can quite honestly say "the reason some of these things are here for us to look at today is because I personally chose to take pictures instead of souvenirs" i actively left them for the 'future generations'.

that wreck is in 90' of water, in lake washington, a pleasant little scooter ride from shore. You'll notice that one of the portholes is loose but has still been left there, along with her little two bladed prop :)

acelockco
07-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Oh I noticed them alright, they would have been mine......

Then again, I am into salvage but I do understand preserving things for future generations. The wrecks over here are in salt water and will most likely be gone before future generations get to dive them so whatever I can get off of them is better then it being lost forever. In fact most of the wrecks over my way are so far gone, they look like a junk pile not a wreck.