PDA

View Full Version : Video: Thresher Sharks Still on the Hunt

klemens Gann
06-30-2010, 03:33 AM
ScubaMagazine.net Video: Thresher sharks still on the hunt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcIG8YHnLSs)

acelockco
06-30-2010, 05:11 PM
nice. I actually watched this video last evening on your youtube channel.

klemens Gann
06-30-2010, 09:59 PM
Hi Ace, yes they are still around. I try to get better close up footage but it's not so easy to approach them. I will post some more if I have anything worth looking at or to entertain you guys here.

acelockco
06-30-2010, 10:29 PM
I am sure you won't disappoint us. Thanks again.

klemens Gann
06-30-2010, 11:06 PM
Thanks for your trust, with pelagics it's more up to them if they give me what I want, I can't reel them in, ha,ha. That's why I like some promising stuff, like macro subject which sit in the reef. What about some Frogfish? I could make something and post it here.

The Publisher
06-30-2010, 11:31 PM
... I try to get better close up footage but it's not so easy to approach them....

You need to buy a wetsuit that makes you look like either a sardine or a cleaner fish....

I am really enjoying your spectacular finds....thanks for uploading them

klemens Gann
07-01-2010, 03:26 AM
Thanks Dave for the nice words. I sure will do my best to post some more of our beloved marine creatures and try hard to get that close up thresher shot.
Sardine wetsuit is not an option as I don't want to be slammed by a 1,5 meter tail.

The Publisher
07-01-2010, 04:51 AM
Perhaps some background music by Devo singing the lyrics:

Whipit! Whip it good!

acelockco
07-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Perhaps some background music by Devo singing the lyrics:

Whipit! Whip it good!

OK, that was funny...

Peteguam
07-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Klemmer, I think I hate your video of the sharks! Course, this is pure jealousy. I just came back from Malapasqua and although we had them on every diver there (4), they never came in close and the vis was low.

Very nice shots, particularly when they were over you and theaval light clearly helped.

Going back next March...they are addictive.

klemens Gann
07-10-2010, 07:20 AM
Hello Pete,
ahhhhhhhh Malapascua, yes that sounds familiar. I hated to film them there as the vis is usually horrible and most of the time too many divers around. I also have never been happy with the footage I got there. I don't know about the shop policies these days on what is allowed as in approaching the animal, but if possible position yourself a little bit lower than the shelf at the wall which faces to the open sea. Most divers sit on the self, so sneak around them and place yourself over the edge of the wall. sometimes the thresher circles over the wall and passes in the blue, so if you hold your breath you can shot upwards which should also give in bad vis a satisfying result. The other advantage is that the sharks always leave over the wall into the blue, so you may get a last pass with the shark dissapearing, in the best case over you.
The footage I got here is from plenty of dives and there is a lot of useless footage as well, believe me. Anyhow yes I'm fortunate to had them in exceptable vis on a nice wall, and the best of it, not at 5 o'clock in the morning, ha,ha. Hope to post another clip from the sharks if I get some more footage. So good luck for next time Pete and we hope to see a short clip here from you, Best regards klemens