PDA

View Full Version : Slick Way to Capture Aerial Footage

The Publisher
04-12-2010, 05:39 AM
ScubaMagazine.net R/C Aerial Footage Drone (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b5b_1270999616)

acelockco
04-12-2010, 03:17 PM
I have done the same thing. In fact we even rubber banded a camera to a rocket and launched that as well. Great fun. I am amazed by how far his RC airplane was flying, he must have had some amazing range on his controller or he did 100's of takes and lots of climbing.

The Publisher
04-12-2010, 04:27 PM
He used a $200 Multiplex brand r/c receiver....and an antenna at least 3 meters long.

He also used a set of virtual reality style goggles that allowed him to see the video images in real time as he flew, which is why he could fly it further away than what he could see with the unaided eye.

acelockco
04-13-2010, 12:21 AM
He used a $200 Multiplex brand r/c receiver....and an antenna at least 3 meters long.

He also used a set of virtual reality style goggles that allowed him to see the video images in real time as he flew, which is why he could fly it further away than what he could see with the unaided eye.

I have a really decent transmitter/receiver 2.4Ghz setup. My antenna is more like 5 inches long. He must have also modified the amount of power the transmitter / receiver had going to them.

I definitely don't have a set of goggles like that, they would be AMAZING to have! You could adapt them to a ROV!! Could you imagine being able to go diving with your ROV and goggles between dives?

Cool stuff. Do you have any more info or links on this setup?