PDA

View Full Version : 30 years of Dive mags...

carlcz
03-16-2010, 10:06 PM
http://www.warmus.org/images/Misc.%20images/Ocean%20Realm%20Blaschka%20Octopus%20Warmus.jpg

I am cleaning out stuff and have about 7-8 cardboard cartons of SKINDIVER and SCUBA DIVER magazines, Ocean Realm and some others.
I hate to throw them out.
Does anybody want them?
There was a guy (lost the email) that was going to paper his bar with them, if you read this and still want them:
You pay the postage (book rate of course) and they are yours.
PM me.
I currently have 73 inches of Skin Diver/Scuba Diver/Dive Training/etc. magazines sorted.
I loaded some of them into a Girl Scout cookie box (8 1/2 inches high) and the box weighed 24 pounds. By the media rate website (USPS) that would cost $11.35 to ship.
So the GUESSTIMATED pounds are 207.
Total to ship would be on the order of : $100 or so; my best guess, but it might be more.
If interested let me know.
Carl

acelockco
03-17-2010, 02:08 AM
Where do you live? Maybe there is a member that lives near you that would want to pick them up. It would be a shame to throw that all away!

The Publisher
03-17-2010, 05:47 AM
I will put the word out to many divers.....I added an Ocean Realm pic to your post so those that have not seen the mag learn how they specialized in awesome artistic marine life images. It was one of my favorite mags.

carlcz
03-20-2010, 03:44 AM
I found a charity to donate them to...
Thread closed

The Publisher
03-20-2010, 06:03 AM
Glad they didn't go to waste.

Who knows, maybe someone will look through them and get inspired to get certified or at least appreciate amazing marine life.