PDA

View Full Version : Park ranger saved from giant Nile crocodile attack by pregnant wife

greenturtle
03-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Anyone dived with a croc before? ;)

--------------------------

By Ethan Sacks
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/03/03/2010-03-03_park_ranger_saved_from_giant_nile_crocodile_att ack_by_pregnant_wife.html#ixzz0hDvirJZr

A park ranger dragged toward certain death in the jaws of a crocodile was saved by his pregnant wife.

Lawrence Munro, 33, a ranger at a South African game reserve, was dipping his feet into a shallow stretch of the White Umfolzi River during a romantic walk with his wife, Kerryn, when the crocodile sprang into its attack, London’s Daily Telegraph reported Wednesday.

"It was a matter of seconds. I grabbed hold of the rocks and started kicking the croc with my right foot," the ranger told reporters, the Telegraph reported. "He let go and grabbed again, getting hold of both feet. I tried to get to my rifle, but I had been dragged closer to the water and couldn't reach it.

"Kerryn grabbed under my arm and around my neck and started pulling. Eventually the croc let go."

After pulling her husband to safety, Kerryn Munroe ran to a nearby base camp for help. Munro was airlifted to a nearby hospital and underwent surgery to repair severed tendons in his foot, the Telegraph reported.

"She's five months pregnant and a small little thing, so she’s resting after it all," Jeff Gaisford, a spokesman for the Imfolozi Game Reserve, where Munro worked, told reporters. "There's no doubt Lawrence is very lucky – this crocodile would have eaten him, no doubt."

Nile crocodiles can grow to as long as 20 feet and up to 1,600 pounds, according to National Geographic. The vicious predators can lay in wait camouflaged to strike their prey, and although records vary, the animals are blamed for hundreds of deaths in Africa every year.

The Publisher
03-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Oh man, that would suck being eaten!

h2odragon1
03-06-2010, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=greenturtle;18266]Anyone dived with a croc before? ;)

Croc? Dont worry about the Croc
DON"T MESS WITH A PREGNANT WOMAN!!!

greenturtle
03-06-2010, 10:52 PM
[QUOTE=greenturtle;18266]Anyone dived with a croc before? ;)

Croc? Dont worry about the Croc
DON"T MESS WITH A PREGNANT WOMAN!!!

More details? :confused: