PDA

View Full Version : Molokai

raeskates
02-28-2010, 08:57 PM
My husband and I belong to a vacation club and have already visited Maui using it and now are thinking about going to Molokai. Are there any dive shops there? I have not been able to find anything on the internet. Does anyone know of any places to dive on Molokai that are not for advanced divers.

Thanks,

Rae

The Publisher
02-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Try Molokai Fish & Dive (http://www.molokaifishanddive.com/), and be sure to report back! ;)

As to intermediate dive sites on Molokai, try these:

Fish Bowl
Dive Site: Fish Bowl
Depth: 40-60 feet
Visibility: 40-100 feet
Level: Intermediate - Advanced
Sealife: Octopus, Eagle Rays, Reef Sharks and Colorful Reef Fish
When the boat arrives at this dive site they will drop anchor and then take you your adventure. As you cruise away from the boat you will begin to see the marine life pick up. If you cruise the bowl back towards Maui and look out over the edge you will find huge boulders that are covered with coral, fish and octopus. There are ledges to be found at about 55 feet where a white tip reef shark is often spotted. After this you can catch a slight ride on the current around the corner and back into the fish bowl, keep your eyes out into the sand for cruising bruisers (Hammerheads!) and eagle rays. You just never know when they are going to show up.

source: Hawaii Scuba Diving.com

raeskates
03-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Thanks. We are not going until next year at this time, but I like to start thinking about it, well in advance. That's half the fun for me.

Rae

The Publisher
03-07-2010, 02:10 AM
I agree, I personally get a kick out of researching stuff to do on trips in advance.