PDA

View Full Version : Hi there

fredfunk1975
02-10-2010, 02:47 AM
Hi there

Iam currently travelling the world with my wife and interested in good dive sites people can tell me to go to while on our trip.

California, Central America, Caribbean, South America, Pacific Islands, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Oz are all on our list of places to visit.

I have trips already booked in the Cocos Islands, Galapagos and Truk Lagoon.
Would like to know more about good diving in South America.
Is there any hidden gems in the Caribbean?

Interested in all things scuba and dive in warm and cold waters!

Regards
:)
John

The Publisher
02-10-2010, 06:00 AM
John,

Check out our ScubaMagazine.net Staff Review Dive Resort forums in the Philippines section and the Indonesia section.

And do return with some pics!

lottie
02-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Hi John,
Hidden gems in the Caribbean...hmmm - I would go with the grenadines - loads of great diving there (so I've heard, unfortunately not done myself), plus Anguilla and Dominica. Also not forgetting the more popular islands like Bonaire and Bahamas.

I would say St Lucia as well (considering I'm biased), but I wouldn't say they were a hidden gem as such ;)

HTH

shinek
02-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Caribbean; don't forget Belize, outer reefs, Lighthouse Reef, The Blue Hole, Turneffe Island, lots of excellent dive sites out there.

Cozumel is always worth a visit, I haven't done the Cenotes in that area but have heard nothing but great reviews.

My favourites, a close run thing with Belize, is probably the Caymans, particularly Cayman Brac and Little Cayman.

None of those are really hidden gems, but all worth considering on your travels.

Pacific Islands; we were fortunate enough to dive Kosrae in Micronesia a few years ago and it is spectacular. Bruce and Kat at Kosrae Village Resort will take very good care of you. That is more of a hidden gem and well worth the stop over as you fly across the Pacific.

Look forward to seeing updates here as you travel the globe.

Ned
02-16-2010, 02:52 AM
Hi,

I saw that you have already the galapagos and cocos islands in your planing.....what about soccoros Island south of Mexico, then dont forget to go to Darwin and Wolf at galapagos.

In Indonesia: Raja Ampat, Lembeh strait, Komodo Islands
Philippines: Malapascua, Tubathea and Apo Reef
Malaysia: Sipadan, Layang Layang Island
Thailand: Similan Islands

Have fun and wish you great dives.

cheers
Ned

jckson
02-23-2010, 03:38 AM
Hi Everyone!!
I am New person who is just join this community.I am very happy to be here and have all other members.I hope that we will have frankly discussion and current information sharing regarding to related topics.I hope for a nice time in future.
I hope somebody would welcome me and Just say HI !!
Thanks,