PDA

View Full Version : SCUBA related pick up lines ...

seasnake
02-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Okay,lets hear everybodys pick up lines for the dive site ... :)

Zero
02-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Always the classic one.
Divers do it deeper.

Matt

Zero
02-14-2007, 08:39 AM
Am i the only corny one here? Or is everyone shy? Here we go:

Nice tanks
Rebreather divers go down deeper and stay longer
Cave divers like tight wet holes
Anyone else got some more?

Matt

seasnake
02-14-2007, 12:26 PM
How about:

"I hear scuba diving does a body good. Wow, you must dive A LOT!"

...................... why no, I don't have a girlfriend . . . why do you ask?

BamaCaveDiver
02-14-2007, 06:24 PM
What kind of bouyancy do you see with those puppies?

It's all virgin passage once you penetrate beyond where the tourists have been.

Zero
02-15-2007, 07:44 AM
How long do you usually go down for?

Matt

grim reefer
02-15-2007, 09:04 PM
with one of these, You can stay down for a looong time:D

Zero
02-16-2007, 07:55 AM
with one of these, You can stay down for a looong time:D

Thats hardcore tech. Twins and black. Just giving the wrong sign isnt it meant to be the other way?

Matt

seasnake
02-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Okay, guys, I was trying to learn something here ... I was hoping for something I could really use, not something that was going to get me beat up ... :eek:

BamaCaveDiver
02-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Okay, guys, I was trying to learn something here ... I was hoping for something I could really use, not something that was going to get me beat up ... :eek:

If you are getting beat up beyond the cursory slap, then you are definitely targeting the wrong women;)

seasnake
02-16-2007, 10:16 PM
ha ha! I see . . . ! ;)

Zero
02-17-2007, 05:13 AM
And then its only kinky the first time:eek:
I usually just sit back and lick my eyebrows and the women seem to just turn up:rolleyes: Failing that nothing beats G'day hows it going, Hi, Hello, Good Morning.......Just talk and who knows where it will go.
Maybe its over to the girls here. What works for you? What doesnt?

Matt

Purpleturtle
02-18-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm not single....and if the wife asks, I wasnt browsing this thread.LOL
Anyway this isnt a pick up line either, but it is amusing diving innuendo.
My nearest wetsuit manufacturer are called "Beaver" wetsuits, in West Yorkshire. They've printed up some t-shirts bearing the slogan

"happiness is a wet beaver!"

cant think why our wives wont let us wear them....

seriously tho'...they are the only manufacturer that I've found yet that make wetsuits for the curvier woman not just height related s,m,l,xl sizes.
Good on them!!!

DrBill
03-29-2007, 01:45 AM
I'm glad I don't resort to pick up lines. In fact, it's been decades... I find the best way to meet women is to walk up and introduce myself, or have their instructor introduce them to me since I'm a pretty well known figure in SoCal diving circles (although I have almost no clue as to why this seems to be true... I just dive a lot).

aowdan
03-29-2007, 02:49 AM
wanna check out the mix in my tank???

Daddy-h2O
04-05-2007, 12:38 AM
"happiness is a wet beaver!"

How can I get one of those shirts!!!

Bubble Maker
04-24-2007, 02:04 AM
Do you know CPR ? because you just took my breath away ;)

I know that was pretty lame :rolleyes:

I think I will stick to just using alchohol :)

PinayDiver
04-24-2007, 04:23 AM
From the same guy at the same Anilao resort -

October: Stay overnight. I have a room. You wouldn't want to miss the Leonid meteor shower!

November: Stay overnight. I have a room. You wouldn't want to miss the coral spawning!

You gotta hand it to him; he employed nature in his setup :D

santelmo
04-24-2007, 08:59 AM
are you a model? :eek: ( i wish! )

(duh! im 6'2, 210lbs w/ 38-40 inch waist line) :o :D go figure.... :rolleyes: LOLZ

CrackedConch
05-09-2007, 03:46 AM
It's not a pickup line but it can be an icebreaker...

When the conversation is going on about sharks, shark diving, etc... and the girl freaks out and says something like "ooh, I love diving, but sharks just scare me to death, I think I would freak out if I saw a shark"...

You very seriously reply that in your extensive diving experience, you have learned a way to make a shark instantly go away.

She will say, "Really? What is it? Please tell me in case I ever see one of those ferocious creatures!!"

You then say if a shark is coming at you and you want to make him go away, you just to do this... and put your hand over your eyes.

It is cheesy, but it might get you a laugh and maybe a punch on the arm.

CrackedConch
05-09-2007, 03:51 AM
And another dirty one:

"I can breathe through my ears"

Divingtoors
05-12-2007, 08:07 AM
It's not a pickup line but it can be an icebreaker...

When the conversation is going on about sharks, shark diving, etc... and the girl freaks out and says something like "ooh, I love diving, but sharks just scare me to death, I think I would freak out if I saw a shark"...

You very seriously reply that in your extensive diving experience, you have learned a way to make a shark instantly go away.

She will say, "Really? What is it? Please tell me in case I ever see one of those ferocious creatures!!"

You then say if a shark is coming at you and you want to make him go away, you just to do this... and put your hand over your eyes.

It is cheesy, but it might get you a laugh and maybe a punch on the arm.

ROTFLMAO

And this really worked.....!!
and maybe a few tequilas after our instantly planned night dive later the day

Brilliant suggestion... I will thi
nk of thee every time I use it

LOL

regards

Johan

CrackedConch
05-15-2007, 04:21 AM
glad i could help! good luck!

DrBill
05-15-2007, 03:07 PM
From the same guy at the same Anilao resort -

October: Stay overnight. I have a room. You wouldn't want to miss the Leonid meteor shower!

November: Stay overnight. I have a room. You wouldn't want to miss the coral spawning!

You gotta hand it to him; he employed nature in his setup :D

Hey, Lu-Ann, you forgot to tell us whether those lines actually worked! Enquiring minds want to know. Tee hee.

PinayDiver
05-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Hey, Lu-Ann, you forgot to tell us whether those lines actually worked! Enquiring minds want to know. Tee hee.

Now why did I know you'd ask that? :)
The first time, an early forecast of bad weather sent my carpool back to Manila. (The elements have spoken, haha.)
The second time, just because all the rooms were booked, my group at that time enthusiastically said yes for me. Meaning, three girls ended up sharing the bed. He, really a nice guy, ended up on an extra mattress on the floor. Chatting up a storm into the night was as good for him as it was for us :)

But hey I hear he's married with a kid now so he obviously lucked on better timing since :)

santelmo
05-18-2007, 02:44 PM
@ PinayDiver i guess you're one hot momma!? :p :D

we'll be in Outrigger resort tom... punta ka! :D

PinayDiver
05-18-2007, 03:52 PM
@ PinayDiver i guess you're one hot momma!? :p :D

Naaah. Ganun ba ang dating? Naykupo haha.

@ PinayDiverwe'll be in Outrigger resort tom... punta ka! :D

Holed up in a hotel room tomorrow...for a friend's bridal shower :)
Also, we were already at Verde last weekend (one and a half hour boat trip from Anilao one way); strong currents at Agapito (or Verde Wall) and Bonito Island meant a flurry of activity from anthias, trevallies, fusiliers, groupers, snappers, sweetlips, etc. Pahinga muna ako this weekend, leaving for Kota Kinabalu this Tuesday (excuses, excuses, haha).
Ingat kayo! And test CrackedConch's icebreaker haha

santelmo
05-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Naaah. Ganun ba ang dating? Naykupo haha.

Holed up in a hotel room tomorrow...for a friend's bridal shower :)
Also, we were already at Verde last weekend (one and a half hour boat trip from Anilao one way); strong currents at Agapito (or Verde Wall) and Bonito Island meant a flurry of activity from anthias, trevallies, fusiliers, groupers, snappers, sweetlips, etc. Pahinga muna ako this weekend, leaving for Kota Kinabalu this Tuesday (excuses, excuses, haha).
Ingat kayo! And

ohh ok... i understand :D hehehe we've tried Verde wall before and yes, the current is pretty strong :D wow! Kota Kinabalu? for vacation?

test CrackedConch's icebreaker haha

i forgot...lolz but instead we saw a real one...my sister got the chance to touch it... :D lucky...

PinayDiver
05-21-2007, 07:22 AM
ohh ok... i understand :D hehehe we've tried Verde wall before and yes, the current is pretty strong :D wow! Kota Kinabalu? for vacation?

I was invited by Conservation International - Philippines to participate in their Biodiversity Conservation Workshop. My info note says we'll be billeted at Tuaran Beach Resort in Kota Kinabalu tomorrow till Saturday to discuss seascape ecosystems, marine biodiversity conservation corridors, the challenges and opportunities in covering environmental issues in the Sulu-Sulawesi Seascape (Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines). By the end of the workshop, I should have a story ready for placement :) So did you ask if its for vacation? haha
The course does include a field trip to Pulau Mamutik in Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park, which I'm told has good beaches and coral reefs. We're asked to bring snorkeling gear (since not all participants are divers, I had to ask of course).

i forgot...lolz but instead we saw a real one...my sister got the chance to touch it... :D lucky...

A shark? Where? We usually see them sleeping under a crevice at Aphols.

santelmo
05-21-2007, 07:47 AM
@ Pinay Diver ooopss... sorry. i was thinking of the baby turtle joke...hehehe.... my sister got to touch a Pawikan :D

u were invited? wow! you must be good a what you do or maybe popular? i wanna have a pic taken w/ you then... :D :p :o anyway, God bless on your trip. do well on your report..

Papa Bear
09-27-2007, 02:41 AM
Do you dive? You know Divers are pretty loyal! You do know our Motto don't you?

madiver2
12-28-2007, 02:58 AM
A good line is...
I noticed that you have very good bouyancy on that last dive. How long you been diving?

lush
12-28-2007, 03:37 AM
No wonder this is a "singles" thread if that is the best pick up lines you guys can think of! Which also tells me that they haven't worked...at least not yet... You have to be a bit more clever...I do like the shark one....lol :o)

Papa Bear
01-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Not one bite on the Motto? Bite? LOL:p

PinayDiver
01-24-2008, 09:50 AM
Not one bite on the Motto? Bite? LOL:p

Ah, "Be prepared"? :D

I've heard:
Take only photos, leave only bubbles.
I sink therefore I am.
We have to go to know.
I only need to swim faster than my wounded dive buddy.

(she says, deliberately not typing the ones having to do with going deeper or breathing through the ears :D which, really--as Lush already pointed out--will only get you crossed off! haha)

Papa Bear
01-24-2008, 02:51 PM
So far not even close! LOL :p "We never leave our Buddies behind!" Also the Greek Army Motto!

PinayDiver
01-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Oh :D I was expecting a double entendre lol

Papa Bear
01-24-2008, 03:15 PM
And you got one!!!!! Sound of jet airplane going low overhead!

PinayDiver
01-24-2008, 03:30 PM
And you got one!!!!! Sound of jet airplane going low overhead!

Ah, I get it, never leave your buddy's behind!
Gosh, my overall wholesomeness muffles the naughtiness-radar sometimes haha

Papa Bear
01-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Who said your narced?! LOL;)

BamaCaveDiver
01-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Roflmao :p

hbh2oguard
01-26-2008, 04:33 PM
Ok so this actually worked, and it was a complete accident. So I was helping out in an advanced class and we were doing buddy checks. We each got to mess up our buddy's gear and see if they caught it. Once she fixed everything I said "you look good" (talking about the gear) but it worked.

Delta_v18
02-20-2008, 09:11 AM
"Every breath you take, every move you make...i'll be watching you..." - dive buddy

Conrad
02-20-2008, 04:23 PM
How about just tell her, " you take your time so you don't need to come up for air for a long time" LOL

It's been my experience just taking yur time is enough LOL

littleleemur
02-21-2008, 01:42 AM
"Every breath you take, every move you make...I'll be watching you.." -dive buddy / instructor

Those lyrics were always too psycho-stalker for me. Doesn't anyone else find it creepy? :confused:

Delta_v18
02-21-2008, 03:07 AM
Yes, actually I find that way too, but I heard that from one of the instructors here.. :cool:

Those lyrics were always too psycho-stalker for me. Doesn't anyone else find it creepy? :confused:

sun
02-21-2008, 06:32 AM
Gone down lately???

Want a life changing experience?? and I will even take you diving afterwords!

Are you wet yet??
:rolleyes: